News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition

Started by Timo, Wed, 15 Dec 2021 18:59

Timo

Today I preordered the new Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke.

https://www.thrustmaster.com/de_DE/produkte/tca-yoke-pack-boeing-edition

It's inspired by the Dreamliner-Yoke, but I hope it will also work for the 744...

Timo

glubbfreund

B747pilotusa

any advice for the TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, any suggestion on how to configure?

is any way to use the Speed / Heading / Altitude knob on PSX?

thank you

JC

CWcwo

I am interested also in the best way to configure the Boeing Yoke with 2 quadrants.  They show up in the PSX Instructor Page including all axes and buttons but I have not experimented yet with trying  to configure them.  They work great in the latest update to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the 787 qnd 747.  Some buttons are already labeled on the PSX Instructor Page. I am awaiting any hints from more experienced users before I switch from the Joy Stick.

Charles 

Raj Hoonjan

Hi All,

Received the TCA Boeing Throttle Quad last week and spent this weekend playing/setting it up with PSX.

This is my first ever quad and I have to say it's really good. Adds another dimension and no longer have to use a slider on my joystick for thrust (also can set thrust more precisely).

Every single switch is recognised in PSX, which is great. Also, the PSX calibration tool was great to align the levers as there was a slight difference in my unit.

Currently setup with the speed brake and two thrust levers (left lever for engines 1&2 and right lever for engines 3&4). I use buttons for flaps up/dn.

I'm unable to use the Speed/Heading/Altitude knob as advertised too but I have set it up for rudder trim for now.

The reverse levers are switches and I'm trying to discover the logic sweet spot. Currently, when I select it, only reverse idle is selected. Will play a little more.

Overall, a great addition. Would be great to hear how others are using the unit.

Cheers
Raj

vnangli

This is a great tempting feedback. Would appreciate your reply on the questions below
1) As far as matching the Throttle position (in PSX) at the time of A/T disconnect, is it the same three clicks of the A/T button?
2) Reverse levers acting as switches, do they MAX the reverse throttle upon turning them ON?
3) And for TOGA, I presume you assigned a switch on the Quad itself?

Thanks again
Vijay
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....

Raj Hoonjan

Quote from: vnangli on Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:42
This is a great tempting feedback. Would appreciate your reply on the questions below
1) As far as matching the Throttle position (in PSX) at the time of A/T disconnect, is it the same three clicks of the A/T button?
2) Reverse levers acting as switches, do they MAX the reverse throttle upon turning them ON?
3) And for TOGA, I presume you assigned a switch on the Quad itself?

Thanks again
Vijay

Hi Vijay,

My only caveat is that I do not have another quad to compare with.

To answer your questions:

1) Three clicks indeed. I've assigned the buttons on the sides of the levers.
2) Only idle reverse activated when reverse lever(s) are selected; backspace or assigning a button a good workaround though.
3) Correct. assigned a button for TOGA.

Hope this helps.

Raj

vnangli

Quote from: Raj Hoonjan on Mon, 14 Feb 2022 20:04
....Hope this helps.

Raj

Absolutely, helpful...The order is already on its way. But, I only ordered the Throttle quadrant. Eagerly waiting.

vnangli

Ended up buying two of the Throttle quadrant. I plan to make PSX experience a little more realistic.

That leaves my existing X52 throttle quadrant, available for sale...If anyone on the forum is interested, I will sell it for $50+shipping charges. The X52 throttle quadrant has been very gently used and is in good shape.

I now have to figure out how the AUTOPILOT feature can be used on PSX.

B747pilotusa

I been using joytokey and is great you can map any key and any button , check the big list of Keyboard commands you can assign via joytokey to any button

vnangli

Here is a mixed review of the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing throttle quadrant. Wanted to add some realism to feel and feedback when using the quadrant, so bought two of them. Now, after few hours of use. I am returning both of them back..Here is a list of reasons, for the benefit of any user in this forum considering to buy the TCA Quadrant.

1) When I used two quadrant, operating all the four levers together was a challenging task. It could be due to my palm size. Or the levers are not really representative of real life shape/size, Or the spacing between levers is a little too wide. Quickly checked this video to get a reference of palm width to the levers width. Here is the video https://youtu.be/fUTHpeNOufM . Go to 0:54

2) The big reason for the return was due to the REVERSE THRUST LEVERS. It is just a switch and PSX allows only for REVERSE THRUST CYCLE. So, when I pull the REVERSE THRUST LEVERS on the QUADRANT, PSX goes to REVERSE IDLE. At this point when I push the REVERSE THRUST LEVERS back on the QUADRANT, PSX response was REVERSE THROTTLE going to MAX. This was the tipping point to me and decide, I will return the THROTTLE QUADRANT. Not really useful for me

3) The SPEED BRAKE lever ARMING will require some practice and to develop your muscle memory to ensure the SPEED BRAKE has indeed been ARMED

If I have to also use an additional key to deal with ENGAGE/DISENGAGing REVERSE THRUST, this QUADRANT leaves no reason for me to continue using it...So, it is going back.

Hope this is useful for others evaluating the purchase....

Nick7515

Quote from: B747pilotusa on Tue,  8 Feb 2022 07:55any advice for the TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, any suggestion on how to configure?

is any way to use the Speed / Heading / Altitude knob on PSX?

thank you

JC

I just received my TCA Boeing Yoke.  I had planned to use it with Aerowinx PSX.  I unboxed it and set it up and then launched Aerowinx.  Interesting thing, in the preferences menu it recognizes the yoke, and I see movement on the axis' on the button allocation screen so it appears Aerowinx recognizes that the yoke is connected and in use.  However, it is not actually controlling the ailerons and rudder. 

Anyone have this problem and or know how to solve it? 

Hardy Heinlin

If the signal indications are alive on the USB page in PSX, they work, and they just need to be assigned to the desired function using the pop-up menus on the USB page. Can you describe the steps you are trying?

Nick7515

Thank you for your quick response.  Your answer prompted me to look again at my settings, more specifically the assignments.  So, it was....as they say, "pilot error."  everything working fine now. 

Thank you again.