News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX Router

Started by dhmm, Sun, 5 Dec 2021 00:30

dhmm

Hi Hoppie,

Is it possible to have a PSX Router version that can run on Linux / Mac ? eg. TCL/TK ?

Thanks,

:-D

Hardy Heinlin

It is written in TCL.

dhmm

Thanks Hardy for your reply.

Tried to run it under Linux / mac, different versions of tcl (8.4,8.6..) always getting this error:

invalid command name "option"
    while executing
"option add *font $::FONT"
    (in namespace eval "::gui" script line 50)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval gui {

proc setTooltip {widget text} {
  if {$text==""} return
  bind $widget <Any-Enter>  [list after 800 [list gui::showTooltip %W $t..."
    (file "./../lib/gui.tcl" line 3)
    invoked from within
"source "$LIBDIR/gui.tcl""
    (file "psxrouter.tcl" line 51)

Cheers,

:-D[/list][/list]

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Uh-oh is it archeology week here?!

"option" "should" be a command supported on every OS out there...  This is stuff that manipulates the X display system. I vaguely remember that there is different code for Windows and for Unix. The Unix part has not been reviewed for a decade as it comes out of other code that originally was for PS1.3. So likely this needs to be adjusted for modern Linux.

Although it will cause crude displays you may try to hash-mark out the line that breaks and see what happens...

I am Linux-and-X-Windows challenged in my current world, I have plenty of Linux but zero systems with a display on it. May take a while before I can truly help here.

/-/

dhmm

Hi Hoppie,

I managed to get it working, then got an issue with the color: SystemButtonFace, which seems not to be defined.

I changed the color, all working now.

Thanks for your help,

D

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Thanks for YOUR help. It all sounds like this particular piece of code was never actually tested on Linux, which completely matches my expectations... In about 1996 I laid the groundwork of this cross-GUI code for then Windows 95 and then Solaris and probably I haven't looked at the UNIX side since then...

Hoppie