News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Simfest Planning Portal

Started by J D ADAM, Mon, 22 Nov 2021 23:38

J D ADAM

Gentlemen
I have for some considerable time used the fine Simfest Planning Portal successfully .
Of late , and always, I am getting the message "No Data Available", when initiating a flight.
What am I doing wrong ?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Cheers,
Derek
NZAA

dhmm

Hi Derek,

I used to have the same issue, check the following:
You ACARS Code ( from the web site that it is active)
Your User name / email, I am using the same for ACARS and Simfest Planning portal.
Flight Code on BACARS
Flight Number that you entered in the ACARS, before submitting.

Of course, I was in the right location, eg. airport before imitating all the above.

Hope this helps,

:-D

J D ADAM

Thank you for your reply dhmm,

I am not understanding your comment "You ACARS Code ( from the web site that it is active".
I do use my email address for both sites but i have subsequently checked my account settings
on the planning portal and reentered my email address (which hasn't changed) and ticked the
verification email box but no verification was received . This may account for my problem
but not something I can rectify.
Perhaps Gary may have an answer.
Cheers
Derek

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Stupid question: does BACARS sit on top of my ACARS relay station (www.hoppie.nl/acars )?

/-/

Gary Oliver

Hoppie,

The only bit that goes over ACARS relay is the ACARS messaging and PDC Requests.  I think we also send the position report messages too.

The rest of the BACARS Communication is direct to the Simfest Planning Portal webserver.

I think BACARS isn't happy if it doesn't have a logon code and successfully 'authenticate' with Hoppie ACARS though... I never run it without one.

Cheers
Gary

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Derek: if you have any doubt about the "ACARS logon code" then use this web page to refresh it:
https://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/register.html

/-/

J D ADAM

Thank you Gentlemen for your replies.

DUH   Discovered the problem myself.  When setting up a new flight  I would enter "ANZ" in the first box and in the second I would enter "ANZ0004".  Why I started to change just recently I have no idea and put it down to old age. (85). Now I am up and running again.
Thank you once again.
Derek

Britjet

'Schoolboy error", Derek. You're obviously not as old as you think...;-)
Just keep the "Blue side Up" and I look forward to your posts in 2036!
Peter