News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

3rd Party Nav Data

Started by United744, Thu, 4 Nov 2021 02:50

United744

Hi,

Is Aerosoft the only nav data package supported by Aerowinx for global coverage?

Is it this one: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/simulators/3486/aerowinx-psx-nav-database-update-2021

I know that anyone can compile and share non-copyright datasets, but I want to update the world. I keep encounting invalid airways and waypoints and its a little annoying. I didn't realize the UK likes to change so much, so often.

Thanks!

Hardy Heinlin

evaamo

Hi Hardy, has there been any advances with Aerosoft regarding the inclusion of PSX Navdata in their regular cycles?

Incheon has a new runway and new STARs/SIDs which no longer match with Aerosoft 2021 set.

Thanks! :-)
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Enrique,

I don't know. You may want to send this question to Aerosoft directly so that they get inspired by the amount of people that are interested ...

Regards,

|-|ardy

evaamo

Hi Hardy, thanks for the update. I'll post over Aerosoft's forum about this. Hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears.

Take care!
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

andrej

We have only a hope at the moment, but potentially beginning of the next year we could start getting regular updates (sounds like during 1Q 2022).

"we are working on it, together with some other updates of our NavDataPro client. I hope we can offer regular navdata updates for Aerowinx PSX begin next year."

Source: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/167826-navdata-pro-aerowinx-psx/
Andrej

Ton van Bochove

Ton

United744

samer747

The reply from Navigragh regarding the PSX navdata development, only four people requested PSX navdata and there is no demand for it, I think everyone of us using PSX is looking for monthly updated Navdata, may be we need more of us requesting that regardless of Aerosoft intentions.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/navdata-support-for-aerowinx-psx/6624 

andrej

I replied to Navirgraph's post as well.

Slightly on the side note. From past experience they are not very open to add Aerowinx PSX, as I asked numerous times to add PSX to interact with their charts (where one can see current position) for example. As the company grows, there is less focus on smaller flights sim, but focus on greater number of possible subscribers (MSFS, X-plane, P3D). It is sad, but I can understand their approach. If they could add PSX to the map, it alone would make flying online much simpler as there would not be a need for scenery generator (IMHO).

But, let's see what will happen. I am more than happy to subscribe to Aerosoft, if that means PSX will receive regular NavData update.

Cheers,
Andrej

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: andrej on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 09:08
... it alone would make flying online much simpler as there would not be a need for scenery generator (IMHO).
Note that to be visible online, your network client must speak VATSIM or IVAO language. You will always need an extra program -- and they do not exist for PSX.

This is the main reason why you always need a scenery generator for PSX online flying.

Second is that despite having maps, taxiing on the ground is a pain without scenery. You are supposed to see and avoid other aircraft. Three blinking lights are very difficult to avoid on the ground.

/-/

zwyx

Great news!

I was thinking about opening PSX topic in Aerosoft forum but good to see that it is done already. Have been using Aerosoft NDP charts and data for few years (for X-Plane 11), so PSX addition seems very good. Aerosoft NavDataPro lists  all kind of different simulators since FS2004, FSX and Prepard3D v2 there, so PSX is good to have there.

evaamo

Hello all. I received a direct reply to a ticket I opened with Aerosoft support regarding this, and they basically replied the same information: they are working towards including PSX Navdata in their regular update cycles from early 2022.

This is good news indeed!
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Can somebody guesstimate how much extra work it would be for Aerosoft to "include PSX data in their monthly releases"? If it is basically no effort except the commitment to have the material smoke-tested every month which can even be mechanized, then of course we have a better chance that it happens. What format do they need to deliver?

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

They use Navburo:

• Make new folder
• Drop master file
• Click "Extract all"
• Click "Autostart"

Done.

andrej

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 12:02
Quote from: andrej on Sat, 13 Nov 2021 09:08
... it alone would make flying online much simpler as there would not be a need for scenery generator (IMHO).
Note that to be visible online, your network client must speak VATSIM or IVAO language. You will always need an extra program -- and they do not exist for PSX.

This is the main reason why you always need a scenery generator for PSX online flying.

Second is that despite having maps, taxiing on the ground is a pain without scenery. You are supposed to see and avoid other aircraft. Three blinking lights are very difficult to avoid on the ground.

/-/

Hoppie, as always you are correct.

But, hypothetically speaking, it is possible to create stand alone PSX VATSIM/IVAO client? So, then, theoretically we would only use that along with moving map. :) But I am getting to far into wonder land. 
Andrej

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

We once had that standalone client for PS1.3, SB747. That is when we discovered that missing the (ground) scenery was the actual problem. We had a mini-map by painting the relevant part of a sector file from the VATSIM ATC client on the lower EICAS so we could actually taxi accurately, but "follow the company 737 to Bravo" was always a problem. I am not sure whether we could inject the TCAS traffic from SB747 into that taxi map.

In general, I suppose that nowadays, running a scenery generator at minimum graphics capability (all settings to minimum) would be way easier than developing a new VATSIM/IVAO client and maintaining it. That maintenance was what killed SB747 in the end.

Hoppie

Captain_Crow

Hi,
there are some evetually minor problems with the current scenery generators.

MSFS: Difference between Altitude PSX and MSFS, explanation recogniced but no solution yet.

XP11: Transponder Mode C randomly not to transmitted to ATC, no GND Speed transmitted to ATC.

I think we can live with this and have patiently to wait for solutuions.

The GND Speed thing using XP11 is not a big deal for VATSIM ATC, the Transponder thing it is.

My humble view on this topic..

Best
Steff

cagarini

Quote from: Captain_Crow on Mon, 15 Nov 2021 10:05
Hi,
there are some evetually minor problems with the current scenery generators.

MSFS: Difference between Altitude PSX and MSFS, explanation recogniced but no solution yet.

XP11: Transponder Mode C randomly not to transmitted to ATC, no GND Speed transmitted to ATC.

I think we can live with this and have patiently to wait for solutuions.

The GND Speed thing using XP11 is not a big deal for VATSIM ATC, the Transponder thing it is.

My humble view on this topic..

Best
Steff

You still have P3d, which AFAIK still works ok ( ? ) and, from a visuals pov, is still a very usable "scenery browser".