News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

3rd Party Nav Data

Started by United744, Thu, 4 Nov 2021 02:50

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Hardy,

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 05:14
They (Aerosoft) use Navburo:
Done.

it seems that a "we" (several people from this forum) managed Navigraph to revisit their decision regarding PSX data (by discussion in their forum). There is a chance that you might hear from them shortly (or have already).

However, it seems that they prefer to have their own native converter solution so that they can control the conversion output and fix stuff, if necessary, and are able to integrate the converter in the overall workflow. So they have a different philosophy than Aerosoft. Might be a potential blocking point. Again, you might be contacted be Navigraph on this.

Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Markus,

I can document my nav data system when they ask for it. But it won't be easy to understand my system. There are special index files, for instance, and airways in the master file must first be defragmented and then validated for IDs that are similar but aren't to be connected etc. It's a lot of interdependent work. It's not just parsing.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

Done.

They will use Navburo.

The service will start with cycle 2112 -- and it's only for entertainment, of course. Not for professional users.

And you'll need PSX 10.149 or higher.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Martin Baker

Amazing - thank you so much! M

Markus Vitzethum

Wonderful - great achievment.

That statement refers to Navigraph, correct?

Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Not sure anymore ...

Wasn't it Budweiser Airplane Catering Service?

andrej

Thank you Hardy! We need Budweiser updates on monthly basis (even daily...) :)
Andrej

Hardy Heinlin

Aerosoft too are working on a monthly service ...

evaamo

This is fantastic!!! thank you!
Enrique Vaamonde

Mariano

Thank you, Hardy.

Not one but two choices. Just perfect.

Best regards,

Mariano

Britjet

That's excellent news!
Thanks Hardy, and our tenacious forum team!
Peter

ScudRunner

Many thanks for this Hardy.

When the new parallel runway at YBBN was opened in the middle of 2020 Airservices Australia generated a completely new set of SID/STAR/Approaches for the airport due to the airspace reconfiguration to handle parallel ops. Without you incorporating the capability to update PSX's navdata I could no longer `fly' from my home airfield.

Not a problem in terms of training but for personal enjoyment of the sim it was a big deal when you provided a solution.

Your continuing efforts to support your user base 7+ years in to the commercial release of this simulation are very much appreciated by myself and obviously many others.

Scud.

Ton van Bochove

Ton

United744

Awesome news!

Navigraph seem very reluctant to budge from their "solution" unless you basically do the work for them, and were extremely slow to respond to e-mail (months). Not very impressed about that side of the house.

samer747

Hello,

I'm not sure if I did something wrong regarding the Navigragh nav data update, i did point the installation into PSX navigation/custom/list and it worked, I was able to select 2112 navigragh from the about drop down menu, but when I start the sim the IDENT page does not show the current airac 2112, still showing older version, I didn't do anything in navburo based on navigragh setup information. How can I tell that I'm using the current navdata?

samer747

Never mind previous post, it is corrected now.