News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Connection problems with Xview

Started by Ton van Bochove, Thu, 23 Sep 2021 11:22

Ton van Bochove

My computer problems worsened (https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=6524.msg70737#msg70737)

I have 2 computers (both win10). On the laptop I have PSX which is connected by an ethernet cable with a desktop with X plane. Before that I had another laptop on Win8 and everything worked fine.

Someone helped me because of the previous mentioned connection problems between both instances. Both computers see each other on the same network so that is no problem. He also changed both computer IP to local IP (laptop: 10.0.0.20 and desktop 10.0.0.21)

But now I don't get a proper connection between PSX and Xplane via Xview. The boost gets connected and PSX and X plane are synchronized but the main server is disconnected (no server found on 10747)

the view log text looks like this

BOOST_ADDRESS = "10.0.0.20 : 10749"   ; IP address

MAIN_ADDRESS  = "10.0.0.20 : 10747"   ; IP address

RELAY_ADDRESS = "127.0.0.1 : 10740"   ; IP address

Connection to socket failed   Socket 10.0.0.20:10747   Error code : 10060

If I change the IP address to 10.0.0.21 the error code is 10061

My first question is what is the right setting on the preferences/basic page " this client connects to:" and what is the setting than in Xview (main and boost)

My second question is: could the changing to local IP cause this havoc?

UPDATE: all the (FDS) hardware and all the software that needs port 10747/10749 does not work. A weird thing is that the boost is working and  X Plane is connected with PSX and it works without the main server.
Ton

asboyd

You may need to configure an exception for port 10747 in your firewall, or disable the windows firewall.
Windows 10 has higher levels of security to windows 8 so I would think that your firewall may be the issue.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Ton van Bochove

Thanks Alex for your response. I don't use the win10 firewall anymore and replaced it by Bitdefender. On both computers the firewall is disabled. But I don't know if ithe Win10 firewall is still working on the background.
Ton

asboyd

Open windows settings, Then choose Update and Security.
Click on Windows Security and select firewall and network security to open the security dashboard.

Choose Advanced Settings, this opens the Computer Admin console at the firewall settings
If you see any green ticks in the right hand window then the firewall is still active.

By clicking on Windows defender firewall properties you can set the firewalls to disabled.

You could change connection settings, but if you are going to use a 3rd party firewall, just disable windows firewall.

Cheers,
AlexB

Ton van Bochove

That did the trick! Bitdefender firewall was off on both computers but the win 19 firewall was activated on the PSX computer. You made me a happy guy Alex! Can you sent me a mail?
Ton

asboyd

Enjoy....

Glad it all worked out, you can get me through Facebook if you like... Alex Boyd Sydney Australia...

Ton van Bochove

To many Alex Boyds in Sydney...and you are not there ;-) Can you contact me via Facebook?
Ton