News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VNAV CRZ PAGE TO VNAV CLB PAGE

Started by Captain_al, Mon, 20 Sep 2021 00:01

Captain_al

Hi Hardy:

Let's say you takeoff and you have a VNAV CRZ altitude of 5000 on the VNAV CRZ page and you level at 5000 feet in VNAV PTH. Now you decide to climb to FL290. If you go previous page (Page 1) to the VNAV CLB Page, the way it is currently the CRZ ALT will show 5000, it should be boxes. The only way to do a climb to FL290  is to do a CRZ CLB as it is currently. This is Legacy, I do not have the NG yet.

This would come into play if you did a missed approach to 4000 feet for example and now you cannot get into Airport A, so you divert to Airport B. You get a new clearance and need to climb to FL220, You should be able to go to the CLB page, put in FL220 and climb in VNAV, re-referencing to the CLB page.

Thanks Hardy...

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Al,

which PSX version are you using?

In my PSX I have no problems getting the effects you expect (legacy FMC and NG FMC):

When I'm in CRZ or DES, I can enter a new CRZ ALT on the CLB page, press EXEC, and as expected I'll be back in ACT CLB (not CRZ CLB).

Re boxes: As far as I recall from observations in the big sims, the CRZ ALT boxes only appear when in ACT DES, not in ACT CRZ already. So in PSX, you'll see those boxes when in ACT DES. Can you confirm there's no typo in your comment?

Thank you for your hints.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Captain_al

I am using PSX 10.142

You are correct, you can go back to the CLB page if it is inactive, put 290 at L1 and re-activate the CLB page as Active. That is how it currently is, the problem is what is displayed at L1 prior to putting something in.

Before you put the 290 in at L1, 5000 is displayed in our example. When the VNAV CRZ page becomes Active (5000 on CRZ Page), the CLB page becomes inactive and all data drops out and at L1 there are boxes to enter a new altitude to make the CLB page active again. Currently it shows 5000 and not boxes, which it should.

Hardy Heinlin

Ah, just the boxes. (Sometimes I don't understand whether the word "it" in a comment refers to PSX or the real thing, and whether "it" is a request or a sim error.)

To be sure this is not FMC version specific, can some other real life FMC users check if their real FMC has CRZ ALT boxes on the CLB page when the CRZ phase is active (and not only when in the DES phase)?

Thanks,

|-|ardy

double-alpha

Hi Hardy,

I sent you an email with 2 pictures

Best regards

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you for your mail. So the 787 FMC too has boxes on the CLB page when in CRZ.

Regards,

|-|ardy

double-alpha

You're welcome

By the way, I sent you an email, because I don't know how to insert a picture in my message
Best regards

AA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

double-alpha

Captain_al

So was the picture, since we cannot see it, from the 747 or 787? It should not be any different in the 787.

double-alpha

Quote from: Captain_al on Tue, 28 Sep 2021 00:24
So was the picture, since we cannot see it, from the 747 or 787? It should not be any different in the 787.

They are too big, so I could not upload.

But I confirm, they're from the 787

Captain_al

Hardy Heinlin

The above modification is now available in PSX version 10.143:

https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

Regards,

|-|ardy

Captain_al

Beautiful, thank you so much, perfect! :)