News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Connection between PSX instance 1 and 2

Started by Ton van Bochove, Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:09

Ton van Bochove

New computer, new problems. I have been busy several ours now to get instance 2 on my FDS CDU. At last I see instance 2 on the CDU monitor ( borders of the PSX CDU) but there seems to be no connection with instance 1 because the monitor of the PSX CDU remains black. I have changed so many settings during the day that I made a mess of it. Can someone give me the right settings so I can enjoy my CDU again.
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

All three software CDU screens on the PSX software flight deck remain black?

Ton van Bochove

On instance 1 (server) all the monitors show their information. The client instance which only provide information for the CPT CDU is black
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Can you display the Instructor screen and the mouse pointer on the hardware CDU?

Ton van Bochove

I see the menu and the mouse pointer but when I click on the menu the instructors screen does not appear on the hardware
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Does your PSX client (which your hardware CDU uses) start with a "cold-and-dark-cockpit" situation?

If so, I guess the PSX client is just not connected to the PSX server, so that the server cannot send situational data to the client. The client just remains in its last loaded situation. If the client's last loaded situation were an in-flight situ, for example, the hardware CDU would probably show the respective in-flight related CDU screen.

Ton van Bochove

I guess that is the problem: I used the External hardware layout which is cold and dark. Should start again with an active flight deck ?
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Layout files are not situ files. They are not related. Changing a layout will not change your sim situation.

The start situation is irrelevant. All you have to do is connect the network.

What are you doing to connect your network? Step by step.

Ton van Bochove

server side: main server checked in network, after start client is accepted ( no other clients) . pref: main/boost server checked

client side:  main client checked : no server found on port 10747. Pref main client on
Ton

asboyd

Check your firewall or security app is not blocking the PSX ports... try turning off your firewall on the client PC..

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 15 Sep 2021 21:48
Check your firewall or security app is not blocking the PSX ports... try turning off your firewall on the client PC..

Cheers,

Hi Alex, instance 2 is running on the FSD CDU so the firewall is not a problem I guess. I assume the firewall is working for incoming traffic 
Ton

asboyd

Seems strange that the client is reporting no port on the server... It could be the IP address you have assigned is blocked by the server firewall... try changing the CDU to the IP address of one of the working CDU's to check that this may be the issue...

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Ton van Bochove

Your remarks let me think. The IP adresses appear to be from the old setup, zo after changing the client version to localhost the data appeared. Now see if it will remain stable and the last hurdle: connecting 2 computers. I was looking for the Homegroup but that is vanished from W10
Ton