News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

My videos are monetized by Youtube, not by me

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Thu, 5 Aug 2021 04:36

Hardy Heinlin

Hi all,

re: https://www.youtube.com/user/AerowinxFS/videos

I'm posting this info here as I have no access to my Youtube account anymore; I canceled all my accounts in the Google universe some years ago. I don't post any comments there either. I have no access.

Today they started showing ads in my videos. I don't want people to think I activated the ads myself. I didn't activate them. It's Youtube's new business plan, and all ad related money goes to them.

Thank your for your attention.

|-|ardy

asboyd

The ads are a pain and they are now also in facebook as well.
I can understand them wanting to get some money back, but after you see the same ad for the 15th time, you just ignore the video completely.

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Hardy Heinlin

I watched some car videos last February. And then never again. Now for half a year I've been getting always the same stupid car ad. It starts with a loud girlie voice; it drives me crazy. I always have to mute the browser before I click another video. But sometimes I forget and my brain explodes ...

Today I decided to stop visiting Youtube completely (except for videos linked in this forum).

|-|

cagarini

Not to talk about the banner for acceptance of terms regarding private data whenever these days we access some site :-(

What a heck of a stupid law... European-made, of course ....

Hardy Heinlin

It's not stupid to protect private data. That's the reason I avoid Google and certain other sites.

cagarini

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu,  5 Aug 2021 11:04
It's not stupid to protect private data. That's the reason I avoid Google and certain other sites.

I agree with the "spirit" of the law, but not on the way it is operationalized for most web sites...

RRVyper

Adblock for Youtube takes care of the ads, at least on PC. Not sure if there is something similar for IOS or macOS.

Randy

andrej

Hello,

I use Adblock Plus and AdBlocker Ultimate on Firefox browser. I am on Windows 10. The audacity of YT to monetize videos, whose authors / original up-loaders do no want to, is beyond belief. I believe that now every video is monetized to a certain extend (I have not seen a single video without an add recently).

Using my blockers, there are no adds on YT (for now; thankfully). I can not stand watching YT on iPad or TV (but I still end up once in a while; my tragic flaw :) ). These stupid commercials break entire experience and make any video unwatchable (I may find it acceptable on beginning only).

Hope this helps.

Andrej

asboyd

I am using IDM (Internet Download Manager) and if I see a video I want to watch I download it to my PC watch it then delete... (No ads downloaded:) ).

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Walktall

There is an ad blocker for youtube which works very well to block ads on PC, not sure about mobile devices.

Alec246

I give two recomendations.

First - Ditch Google chrome. That is made by Google, and for sure is using our Cookies and data. Never trust a company that has revenue based on Ads! I'm using Microsoft Edge. It's made by Microsoft, which makes zero money on Ads, so they don't have any interest in invading the users Privacy. Also, uses the same Chromium Code that is used by Chrome, but with even less Memory Usage.

Second - Use Extensions, already mentioned here. They will automatically stop scripts from getting your data, running scripts, etc. Only when you are at a Website you trust, you go and authority it.
I personally use "uBlock Origins"

For Youtube, there is also "Adblocker for Youtube".  I never watch a Single Ad in any of my Youtube Videos with it, and I Spend the day at Youtube...

Alexis Mefano

United744

Videos marked unlisted do not show ads. Of course, you need direct links, but for a forum, that's perfect.

The EU cookie law is one of the dumbest things politicians ever did. The worst part is it does not prevent the thing they hoped it would. I created a proof-of-concept website that gets around the cookie law completely, while still collecting the same data. It's not a cookie, so no banner required.