News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX + X-Plane + VATSIM = Audio Problems

Started by United744, Wed, 21 Jul 2021 01:56

United744

EDIT: DISREGARD. After a restart of all the software, xPilot is working on its own, and can see the radios tuned by PSX. Not sure why it didn't work the first 20 other times... ???

===============================================
===============================================

Hi,

It's been a while since I last flew on VATSIM, and the first time I've tried to use X-Plane to do so.

I have downloaded all the current software (as of July 21st 2021) as follows:

* xPilot
* AFV stand-alone client
* xSquawkBox

I have read the threads here, and tried the following:

xpilot.exe -novoice << does NOT work, only supported by vPilot WHY?

xSB seems to not have any option to disable connection to the voice server.

AFV stand-alone is version 1.8.1.

The problem I'm encountering is that AFV is causing the clients (all of them) to constantly disconnect/connect every 20 seconds or so when it is also connected.

The clients work fine on their own, but they will not tune any radios from PSX.

How do people use the clients and AFV (apparently the only way to interface PSX with XPL+VATSIM)???

Thanks in advance!

Gary Oliver

Most users will be fine running the native VATSIM client (xPilot or vPilot) as they can assign PTT directly.

The only use for the AFV standalone with PSX is vPilot users who have multiple PC's where you cannot assign PTTs directly or want to route audio via an ACP.  I am sure Justin will add a -novoice flag if you ask him, Ross did it because I asked for our own sim setup.

However in your case using the native xPilot voice is the answer.  As you discovered you can only have one voice connection at a time or you get the constant disconnects.  This is by design.

Cheers
G
(Taking a break from) AFV Lead

JJK

Hi all,
I got Xview 1.2 setup with Xplane and it works very well, visuals I mean, but can not get audio to work on Vatsim via Xpilot.

Who can help on this?

The PTT button is assigned in PSX, but there is no TX light on the xpilot when pushing this in PSX. There is PTT binding in Xplane set for Xpilot, that transmits (as TX lights up in Xpilot) but I don't hear anything.Is there any other setting in the instructor panel that needs to be ticked on or off?

ACP in PSX is set on VHF L volume up and lighted and Mic on ....What am I missing? Any help is appreciated. Will swift work better or is there a way to make it work?

Joaqquin

Captain_Crow

Hi,
if I remember right, you must set the PTT in X-Plane.
Look for Xpilot in the list of buttons, you will find it.
Best
Steff

JJK

Thanks, I can do that and will try again.

Do you know whether the audio flows via Xplane or PSX? As even when tuned to unicom on a busy airport I could hear a single broadcast yesterday.

An other problem I bumped into is that the frequencies from PSX end up slightly modified in Xpilot...(PSX set at 132.355 showed up as 132.450 for example).... Is there an fix for that problem?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Joaquin

JJK

Resolved.Audio and mike is via Xpilot and frequency switching via Streamdeck directly writing into Xplane and Xpilot. So no use of the ACP's or PSX for vatsim audio.

Still curious if it is possible to do via the PSX ACP at all?

Joaquin