News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSXseecon version 3.23 released

Started by kiek, Mon, 19 Jul 2021 19:02

kiek

Hi guys,

JP found a bug in PSXseecon:

The indicator lights for the BigActionSwitches  AltnFlap (3162), AltnGearNsBd (3163), AltnGearWing (3164),  FlapOvrd (3166) , GearOvrd (3167) and TerrOvrd (3168) are now powered with the gT102 bus instead of gR7736 (which was wrong).

Other changes are:

All indicator lights SIOC variables for BigActionSwitches can now also be used in a SIOC program without the corresponding SIOC variable for the controlling the switch.

Added SIOC variables for Qi259 up/to Qi268 and cleaned up some other Qi variables that were not relevant.

Enjoy,
Nico

kiek

Jean-Philippe has kept me busy :-), here are some more changes to PSXseecon:

Version 3.24:

•   Redesigned the implementation of rotary switches with variable terminals, such as the Source selector switches SrceIrsCp (Qh119), SrceIrsFo (Qh124), SrceAdcCp (Qh120) and SrceAdcFo, because in certain configurations the old solution was not correct.
Read more in the new section 3.22 of the Manual.

•   Fixed labelling bugs: SrceNavCpCR renamed to SrceNavCpCC, SrceNavFoCL renamed to SrceNavFoCC.

•   Relabeled/re-numbered the terminals of the FO source selector switches such that everything reads clockwise.

Version 3.25

•   Redesigned the HydDem1 (Qh184) selector while it is also one with a variable number of terminals (AUX or not).

•   After adding this parameter to your PSXseecon.cfg file

ENG_STARTERS_DOMINANT=0

the SIOC variables for the Engine Start Switches Q267 .. Q270 are no longer dominant over the start switches in PSX, which makes it easier if you are using a solenoid to reset your hardware switch based on info from the Virtual start switch vars.  See Manual 2.2.10.

asboyd

Hi Nico,
Just downloaded and ran PSXseecon 3.25 and there is no 64 bit version (not sure if it is only 64 bit now), also the title and about still show 3.24.
Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 11 Aug 2021 02:22
Hi Nico,
Just downloaded and ran PSXseecon 3.25 and there is no 64 bit version (not sure if it is only 64 bit now), also the title and about still show 3.24.
Cheers,
AlexB
Hi Alex,
My mistake, I forgot to update the title. Now fixed, please download again.
And yes, there is only a 64 bit version as indicated in the Manual, section 1.1

Enjoy,
Nico

asboyd

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 11 Aug 2021 22:29
Thanks Nico.

Cheers,
AlexB
I just saw your gmail (in my spam box...). Yes you can run two instances of PSXSeecon on two separate PC's.

Cheers,
Nico

asboyd

Yeah, not a big fan of spam....prefer corn beef and cabbage myself :)

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,
AlexB

asboyd

Hi Nico,
Just wondering.... (hmm you say another bit of pain coming...)
Will you modify PSXseecon to emulate the NG FMC with coloured text? (Or is that too difficult?)

Cheers,
Alex B

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:01
Will you modify PSXseecon to emulate the NG FMC with coloured text? (Or is that too difficult?)
If you buy me the upgrade package, I might do it  :-)

But  where are the specs? In the netwerk documentation I don't see any text about it. How is the colour info coded and sent via the network as Q variables?

Cheers,
Nico

asboyd

Maybe Hardy has some info on how the colour info is sent... maybe it is just hard coded into the FMC display graphics engine within the jar file....

Cheers,
AlexB..

kiek

Hi Asboyd,

Version 3.27 supports the NG FMC, jus add one line to your psxseecon.cfg file:

LCD_CDU=1

Find some pictures in the ReleaseNotes

Enjoy the colors!

Cheers,
Nico

asboyd

Thank you Nico... will give it a try...

Cheers,
AlexB

kiek

If you have downloaded 3.27 already, please do it again. There was a typo in the VERSION_CHECK parameter.

asboyd

kiek

Version 3.28 released:

Upon request: added a SIOC ctrl variable for the Refueling Qi220 var:

Qi220, RefuelingCtrl  , 5220, A

PSXseecon tested under Windows 11, all works fine.

Nico

b744erf

Hello Nico and PSX simmers
I am so stupid that just deleted the whole pexseecon by accident. I want to download it with PSXseecon website but just found that that whole website changed. The only thing left is the Real Traffic. I can't find any documents about the PSXseecon /SIOC-PSX program. Sorry for my stupid behaviors. And maybe it is somewhere in the forum. Hope to find the link to download them again.

Jack.

Dirk Schepmann

Hi,

Kiek has removed the ,,old" PSXeecon from his website because of small demand and it is no longer supported. The new PSXeecon versions are for P3D and MSFS only and are very close to perfection with lots of features.

Maybe he'll provide you with a file if you ask him personally.
The best option would be to use Realtraffic alone, without PSXeecon.

Regarding SIOC, I don't know what happened to this.

Best regards,
Dirk

b744erf

Thank you Dirk.
I interface most of my cockpit with PSXseecon/SIOC. It is wonderful and very easy to use!  So sad that it is not supported any more. But anyway it is almost perfect. Even without any update anymore. I am still looking for the PSXseecon to download (Not the Real traffic but the one to interface home cockpit)
Right. I will try to contact Kiek with email. Thank you.

Regards

Jack