News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

747 File Not Shown in P3d Menu [Solved]

Started by emerydc8, Wed, 9 Jun 2021 05:51

emerydc8

I had to reinstall P3d on my computer after getting it back from the shop. I placed the 747 airplane file I was previously using (Peter's 747) under Program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepare 3D v4/Sim Objects/Airplanes. I can see the 747 file among the rest of the airplanes in that folder, but when I open P3d, I can't seem to find it in the directory. Did a search for 747 in the upper right corner and no joy. Anyone have this problem before? I recall reading a post about where to install P3d. I have a Program File folder and a Program File (x86) folder. I installed it to Program Files. Thanks in advance.

Jon

tango4

Hi Jon,

I always install Prepar3d at the root of the hard drive.
For me it is C:\Prepar3d V5.
It can be installed on any other drive (by that I mean no worries if it is not on the same drive as the OS).
But I ALWAYS stay clear of ProgramFiles or Program Files x86 as they are known to generate lots of issues due to the fact that Windows has some restrictions for these folders.

Charles

emerydc8

Thanks, Charles. I have one more reactivation, so I'll try installing at the root and see what happens.

Jon

emerydc8

Installing it in the root C:\Lockheed did the trick. But now when I selected the BA 747 a window opens (cockpit view 2) that starts on a small runway and spins out of control within a few seconds, then I get the red screen of death. If I hit P on that window I can get it to stop before it crashes.

It's been a long time, but IIRC it's supposed to open at night, out in the middle of the Atlantic. I'm not sure how to get there now.

Jon

tango4

What version of prepar3d are you running ?
On V5 the default flight is not there but on a USAF base if I remember correctly. I don't remember it ever being in the middle of the ocean.
What you can try is deleting your prepar3d.cfg file (located in appdata\roaming\lockheed\prepar3dv5 or something like this - I am not in front of my computer right now).
You will lose your settings so you can take pictures of your various settings pages if you want to find them back quickly).
That will get you back to something more "default".
Now for a 747 to spin on the ground, I see two explanations (apart from a drunk pilot...).
You are in slew mode in prepar3d without knowing it. Try hitting "y" key to get out of it. Or you are connected to PSX and there is something going on here.

I would also disable crash detection in realism menu (won't prevent the spinning but will avoid the crash itself).

Charles

emerydc8

I'm using v.4. I disabled crash detection, but I'm still not able to sync up PSX using VisualPSX. I think I need to spend some more time troubleshooting. Thanks for the help!

Jon

emerydc8

Finally got it working. Had to reconfigure External Sim because I moved P3d to the root of the hard drive.