News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Unable to launch PSX MacBook OS 10.14.6 Mojave

Started by 74underdog, Thu, 13 May 2021 15:56

74underdog

I am unable to launch PSX with my MacBook Pro running OS 10.14.6 Mojave.  I do have Java 8_291 loaded from java.com, and the greeting page appears momentarily with Version 10.110 displayed.  I have a 2.5 GHz i5 with 8 GB Ram.  I started by clicking on AerowinxStart.jar, and a pop up appeared with the message that I needed to load a JDK.  I then tried Aerowinx.jar and the title page showed with Version 10.110 and a yellow pop up window reminding me to start the program with AerowinxStart.jar.  I then downloaded JDK 16.0.1 from oracle and tried again.  This time, no title screen appeared, but it looks like Aerowinx tried to load; but to no result.

I removed JDK 16.0.1 and restored the original configuration with the Java 8_291 loader and tried again after restarting the machine.  The log file displays the following:

[Aerowinx Precision Simulator - Exceptions]

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1860)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:871)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:96)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:117)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.<clinit>(AL.java:59)
   at Sound.init(Sound.java:437)
   at Core.startAll(Core.java:848)
   at Aerowinx.main(Aerowinx.java:65)

After searching the forums several times, I still am unsure of what to do to fix the problem.  I suspect, based on previous posts similar to this, PSX is unable to reach the subordinate files somehow.  By the way, I don't have any USB peripherals hooked up, just the laptop itself.

Any help much appreciated!

Thank You

Hardy Heinlin

Hi, sorry for the problem.

Is your Aerowinx folder in your Mac's Applications folder? If not, please move it to Applications.

Regards,

|-|ardy

74underdog

Yes, the Aerowinx folder is in the Applications folder.

Hardy Heinlin

Normally, this error can only occur when certain files are missing in the subfolder Aerowinx/Interfaces.

Just to be sure. Are the following files in your Aerowinx/Interfaces subfolder?

libjinput-osx.dylib
liblwjgl.dylib
openal.dylib

Most likely, you have these files already. In that case it may be a Mojave specific security setting that denies the access to these files. Before we dig deeper, are you having any plans to upgrade your macOS to Catalina or BigSur?

|-|ardy

74underdog

All three of the files you listed are in the interfaces folder. 

At the current time, I am unable to upgrade the system since Mojave is the last OS to support 32 bit applications; I'm am still using several 32 applications for the time being.

Hardy Heinlin

Unfortunately, it's the first time I see such an error report and I have no experience with this error. And, regrettably, the collision occurs in that third-party sound interface software that lies outside my debug control (actually, the interface has been working for ten years now). I know you even asked me if your Macbook is compatible; that's even more frustrating -- and not acceptable. I'll send you a mail ...

Regards,

|-|ardy

74underdog

With JDK 16.0.1, and starting from AerowinxStart.jar, again it fails to fully load, but the error log looks like this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class Core (in unnamed module @0x40f9161a) cannot access class com.apple.eawt.Application (in module java.desktop) because module java.desktop does not export com.apple.eawt to unnamed module @0x40f9161a
   at Core.startAll(Core.java:647)
   at Aerowinx.main(Aerowinx.java:65)

I have another mac with Catalina on it, but I don't have access to it as I'm away at training.

Thanks for looking into.

Hardy Heinlin

That's another new Mac error that first occurred last month, but for that one I have two solutions:

Download and install PSX update 10.133 or higher (currently 10.136) from here:
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

Or go to Aerowinx/Visuals and rename the file "iconMac.gif" to "iconMac.gif-up".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

|-|ardy

74underdog

Success!  (I think ...)  The simulator loaded in a thunderstorm approaching a runway in heavy rain - and with horns going off - but it loaded!  I must refer to the manual at this point.

So, with OS 10.14.6 Mojave, JDK 16.0.1 loaded, Aerowinx unzipped in the Applications folder ...

I downloaded the Precision Simulator update 10.136 (Aerowinx.jar file, 7497977 bytes), and tried again, but no change.  After I then renamed the file "iconMac.gif" to "iconMac.gif-up" under Aerowinx/Visuals, then it loaded.

Thanks for the help!  I will monitor this board often!

74underdog

After several hours on the simulator running scenarios ... the log file looks like this ...

running well.

Thanks again!

Hardy Heinlin

Great. Glad to hear it works.

Quote from: 74underdog on Fri, 14 May 2021 00:41
Success!  (I think ...)  The simulator loaded in a thunderstorm approaching a runway in heavy rain - and with horns going off - but it loaded!

This is the default situation at the very first sim start in your public PSX version. If you are used to different situations in your airline's PSX training class: Those situations are made by your instructors and are not in the public version. The public version has much more sample situations and aircraft model files. In the airline class they were removed to unclutter the training program.

Regards,

|-|ardy