News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Opencockpits 737 MCP 737NG V3H + PSX script?

Started by speed330, Mon, 10 May 2021 21:00

speed330

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting the Opencockpits 737NG MCP for use with Aerowinx and I've been trying to get as much information about it first before considering making the purchase (I have never had a MCP kit for home sim use before so a lot of this is all new for me, sorry). I have been searching through the forum and still have a few questions that someone might be able to answer hopefully, thanks.

I understand that I need to use PSXseecon to get it to connect to opencockpits SIOC program.

I'am just wondering if I need to also buy other things like an IO card/master card?
I'd prefer not to have to buy anything else or try to do any programming if possible (have zero knowledge of that unfortunately).

I've read here that I will also need a SIOC script for the MCP to work. There are no PSX scripts on the Opencockpits website. Does anyone know where I could find a script to make the 737 MCP function as realistically as possible with PSX?

Or would someone recommend a different brand of MCP panel that would be much more of a use out of the box type device with none or very little programming required (just like connecting a yoke/joystick/throttle, etc to PSX directly)?

Cheers,
Dave

noo

Berndo

Hi Dave!

If you buy the MCP v3/EFIS panels that are directly connected via USB you don't need any other hardware from Opencockpits.

Also Nico includes scripts and a auto-configuration in his awesome PSXseecon that work fine out of the box. You can of course always edit them if you wish to change some functionality.

The excellent documentation from Hardy & Nico will help you there.

Cheers,
Bernd

kiek

Hi Bernd,
The PSXseecon package currently does not contain the scripts for Opencockpits modules and the autoconfiguration program ...
Just PSXseecon and a lot of SIOC scripts as examples.

I had removed them because the PSXseecon package is now easier to maintain for me, not having a home cockpit anymore.

However, presumably someone else in this community still has that software.

Nico

simbro

Hi Dave,

I see that Nico has informed us about the (no longer included in PSXseecon) autoconfiguration program & associated scripts for Opencockpit modules.

I have this software package (PSXcockpit.zip) available in my archives and could send it to you as an email attachment... It's only 576Kb in size!

Let me know if this is ok with you via my profile email and I'll send it asap...

Kind regards
Simon

Berndo

Quote from: kiek on Mon, 31 May 2021 18:37
The PSXseecon package currently does not contain the scripts for Opencockpits modules and the autoconfiguration program ...

I had removed them because the PSXseecon package is now easier to maintain for me, not having a home cockpit anymore.

Ah ok, thanks for heads up! I've been using an older version for ages so that is why I didn't notice.

Cheers,
Bernd

asboyd

If Nick allows you can get PSXCockpit.zip from my dropbox using,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjwkjatdpinv5re/PSXcockpit.zip?dl=0

Cheers,
AlexB

PS If you need the latest SIOC let me know. (7.0.3B2)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

No problem, maybe I'll put in back in the PSXseecon package. It looks like the software is still valid.
Opencockpits is a stable company ;-)

speed330

Hi all,

Many thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it, that's very helpful info.

I haven't made the purchase yet, still trying to decide whether to go for the opencockpits MCP or save up for the Flighdecksolutions 747 mcp. :)

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Dave

asboyd

I use Opencockpits (building all my own panels) but I would buy the Flightsim MCP if I had the way to do so....

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia