News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx does not start

Started by B747pilot65, Sun, 28 Mar 2021 21:42

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Windows is very good at hiding the extension of files it thinks it knows about. This makes zipped files look nearly the same as folders, and for some things they still work, such as PDF files that need no "neighbour" files in the zip.

This works:

* Go to the folder that contains the Aerowinx folder (or .zip file).
* Right-click on the Aerowinx folder icon and select Properties.

As one of the first items, the Type of File is mentioned. It should be:

"File Folder".

NOT "Compressed (zipped) Folder (.zip)".

If it says "Executable Jar File (.jar)" then you are one folder too deep. Go one further up.

Hoppie

B747pilot65

Thanks all for your replies and assistance. All sorted now. I created a .bat file and it fixed my issue. Currently using Aerowinx at my new airline for training purposes. Can't wait to play around with my personal copy.

Will it be possible to import lesson plans from from the Aerowinx system that my employer is using for pilot training? Thanks again to all who assisted.

Best regards,
David

Hardy Heinlin

Glad to hear it's sorted now.

Regarding the lesson plans that your employer is using: "Lesson plans" are not in the Aerowinx folder and are not part of the Aerowinx system itself. If you have a special lesson plan software environment you need to ask this question your instructor. However, if you mean "Aerowinx situation files", then yes, these can be loaded in any Aerowinx system, at home or elsewhere. But again, you need to ask your instructor if you can get the situation files from the company computers.

Regards,

|-|ardy

B747pilot65

Great! Thanks again for your assistance. I will inquire about the situation files.

Best regards,
David