News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aeromap 0.1.2 - Detailed map for Aerowinx PSX

Started by jdanielnd, Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:48

cavaricooper

Quote from: Captain_Crow on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:46
Now the only one I miss is a standalone VATSIM client for PSX, there was a rumour month´s ago, I can mistly remember...:-)

You're not alone Steff... that would really be splendid, because now we can taxi without scenery! Perfect for my Mac sessions!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

P.S.:Now the only one I miss is a standalone VATSIM client for PSX, there was a rumour month´s ago, I can mistly remember...:-)

Its on my 'non work' to do list :-)

https://prnt.sc/101xp37

andrej

Gary, once the Corona is over, I will come over and paint your balcony.
So you can focus on the PSX Vatsim client. ;)
Andrej

Gary Oliver

Quote from: andrej on Sat, 20 Feb 2021 15:15
Gary, once the Corona is over, I will come over and paint your balcony.
So you can focus on the PSX Vatsim client. ;)
Deal!

Mariano

For the AlwaysOnTop thing: I use a little tiny program called TurboTop. With it you can choose which progam/window should stay on top. Just to let you all know. :-)

Thanks for the tip, Steff.

Best regards,

Mariano

jdanielnd

Thank you all for the messages! We're happy to know the app is useful for the community :)

Here is release v0.2.0 of Aeromap: https://github.com/jdanielnd/aeromap/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Quote[0.2.0] - 2021-02-21

Added

- Allows window to be always on top. This is useful because people can interact with PSX windows on fullscreen without getting Aeromap window hidden.

Changed

Fixed

The window is now always on top (AOT), even over fullscreen windows. You can minimize the window without disabling AOT, but if you do want to disable it, you can do that on the Settings page.

We tested it on Mac (11.1) and Windows 10. Let us know if anything goes wrong.

To update, you just need to download the new installer and run it. The system will take care of updating for both Mac and Windows.

Best,

JD

JohnH

Just tried on Windows 10, works perfect! Thanks for adding 'always on top'

John

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

Ton van Bochove

Works fine with WIN 8.1 Thanks for your efforts!
Ton

Mariano

JD,

Same here, Windows 8.1 Pro, works flawlessly.

Thank you for the update.

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Hi JD,

do you mind if I put a link to this thread on the add-ons page?

Thanks again!

|-|ardy

jdanielnd

Not at all, Hardy!

I'm happy to contribute to this community. Feel free to include :)

Best,
JD

Will

This is an excellent addition. Seeing as how there's now an "always on top" option, it makes me wonder how challenging it would be to change the color of the window frame (the white bar on top) to Boeing brown or some other darker color, and to make the display "dimmable" somehow, so that it's not always the brightest bit of display on the screen... If it were dimmable and had a brown window frame, it would start to look like an EFB or even a cockpit gauge (you could position it over the secondary EICAS and it wouldn't look out of place).

But no need to change anything, really. It works great and is a wonderful addition for situational awareness. Thank you so much for your time and generosity. 
Will /Chicago /USA

asboyd

I tried to run the map on an old touch tablet I have running Windows 10, but it seems as though it is only compiled for 64 bit windows and will not run under 32 bit.
Is it specifically a 64 bit app or can it be recompiled for 32 bit as well?

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

jdanielnd

QuoteI tried to run the map on an old touch tablet I have running Windows 10, but it seems as though it is only compiled for 64 bit windows and will not run under 32 bit.
Is it specifically a 64 bit app or can it be recompiled for 32 bit as well?

Hi asboyd, thanks for the message!

Indeed it was compiled for x64, but I it should work on 32 bit as well.

I recompiled targeting 32bit architecture, and made available in this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S491CpJ-ebSDGHpONI4YYbxcOlctakrQ/view?usp=sharing.

I can't test it here, so I'm not sure it will work. Would you let me know?

Best,
JD

Robert Staudinger

Hi JD,

thanks for your add-on, it works great with WIN10.
Just one problem, the IP-settings are not stored. I run Aeromap on my second machine which is not the server. Every time I start the program I have to enter the IP-adress from the server again.
Maybe you can include a config file.

Best regards
Robert

asboyd

Hi JD,
Tested the 32 bit on my tablet and works like a charm.... I think a config file with IP and port numbers is a good idea... I noticed it starts with 127.0.0.1 as well....

Well done.

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Kiteman76

Being a Mac user I've missed having taxiways, so this is a great add-on thank you! PSX scenery is simple but cleverly very effective and allows for high frame rates on an average computer. This doesn't effect that and adds an extra dimension to the sim :)

Gilad

Wow!  JD that is an awesome add on!

Now all you need is to show the Nav aids, Localizer and other nav data info so it can be used for vectoring :)

Great job and thanks!

double-alpha

Very nice add on , thank you!

Very easy to use and very useful