News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

macOS Big Sur

Started by double-alpha, Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:41

double-alpha

Hello
has anyone tried running Aerowinx PSX on the new MacBook M1 with macOS Big Sur?

I tried just for fun, but no joy... It is not a problem as I use my desktop PC , but I am curious.

thank you

JohnH

I believe that since OS X 10.7 Java does not come pre installed on Macs. Did you install Java yourself?

John

Marian

I run Aerowinx PSX on my Macbook Air M1 7core/8GB and it works fine with approx 50-60 FPS.
Java needs to be installed.

From the process viewer ("top" in Terminal) I got the impression that it only utilizes 1 out of 7 cores. But is has a significant battery draw and will empty the battery in I guess 3-4 hours. I think this might change once Java is ported/reprogrammed to run "natively" on the M1 architecture. But I am by no means an expert on this.

Initially I had the problem that AerowinxStart simply won't start. As far as I remember this was solved by simply moving the application to the APPLICATIONS folder (as describes in another thread on this forum).

double-alpha

Quote from: JohnH on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 19:17
I believe that since OS X 10.7 Java does not come pre installed on Macs. Did you install Java yourself?

John

Hi John, yes I installed Java myself

double-alpha

Quote from: Cranfield on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 19:34
I run Aerowinx PSX on my Macbook Air M1 7core/8GB and it works fine with approx 50-60 FPS.
Java needs to be installed.

From the process viewer ("top" in Terminal) I got the impression that it only utilizes 1 out of 7 cores. But is has a significant battery draw and will empty the battery in I guess 3-4 hours. I think this might change once Java is ported/reprogrammed to run "natively" on the M1 architecture. But I am by no means an expert on this.

Initially I had the problem that AerowinxStart simply won't start. As far as I remember this was solved by simply moving the application to the APPLICATIONS folder (as describes in another thread on this forum).

Hi Cranfiled,

Thank you for your first message. I will try moving the application to the APPLICATION folder.

double-alpha

It is OK now.
PSX works fine with the new MacBook Air M1

The manual says the following:

"A subframe can also be zoomed using the mouse wheel: place the mouse within the respective subframe and rotate the mouse wheel while holding the right mouse button, or while holding the ALT key on the keyboard."

As I use the trackpad alone, is there a way I could zoom a subframe like if I were using a mouse wheel?

Thank you for your tips

Hardy Heinlin

The manual also says the following:

"When the mouse is parked in the lower left corner of a subframe, a minus and a plus switch appear. Clicking and holding such a switch with the left mouse button zooms the respective subframe out or in. Additionally holding the right mouse button increases the zoom speed."

Regards,

|-|ardy

double-alpha

Thank you Hardy,

Yes indeed , but I would like to know if it was possible to get the wheel mouse feature with a trackpad (I have just bought my Macbook and I am not used with it).

Good day

joergalv

Hold the option - key, and then swipe with two fingers on the trackpad.

Regards,
Joerg

double-alpha

Quote from: joergalv on Fri, 19 Feb 2021 16:25
Hold the option - key, and then swipe with two fingers on the trackpad.

Regards,
Joerg

Joerg, thank you for the tip, it works perfectly!