News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

ELEC GEN OFF 3and DRIVE DISC 3

Started by YUHAO WANG, Thu, 4 Feb 2021 13:59

YUHAO WANG

Hello, I would like to ask why all faults have been closed in my PSX, but there are two alarms, ELEC GEN OFF 3and DRIVE DISC 3, when I start up. May I have a look

IDG oil pressure low, or

• IDG oil temperature high, or

• The GCB was disconnected due to the failure of the unchangeable generator frequency, but I am a newcomer, I would like to ask the professors, where are the IDG temperature and the GCB circuit breaker?

Please forgive my poor English, thanks for your reply

Hardy Heinlin

Hello,

when you get the message ">DRIVE DISC 3", you have pushed the guarded DRIVE DISC switch on the overhead panel. You shouldn't do this when there is no IDG fault. But you can repair it as follows:

Go to Instructor > Situation > Malfunctions > Elec
At item "Generator failure - 3" click the Repair button. If the Repair button is not visible, first click Activate and then Repair. (The Repair button only appears when the malfunction has been activated.)

Regards,

|-|ardy

P.S.: On the flight deck there is no display that shows the IDG oil temperature in Celsius.

For example, when the engine #4 IDG oil temp is too high, the lower EICAS ELEC page shows an amber box on bus #4 with the amber text "DRIVE TEMP/PRESS". And the upper EICAS shows the advisory message "ELEC DRIVE 4".

For example, when the engine #4 IDG has a diode fault that trips the GCB (generator control breaker), the lower EICAS ELEC page shows an amber box on bus #4 with the amber text "OFF". And the upper EICAS shows the caution message "ELEC GEN OFF 4".

Such malfunctions can occur in PSX when random malfunctions are enabled, or when someone has activated such a malfunction on the Instructor screen, or when the pilot has pushed certain switches.

YUHAO WANG

Thank you for your detailed answer. But I don't have the information of the circuit breaker control panel in Chinese. Do you mind if I ask you the location of the GCB circuit breaker

YUHAO WANG

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu,  4 Feb 2021 14:40
Hello,

when you get the message ">DRIVE DISC 3", you have pushed the guarded DRIVE DISC switch on the overhead panel. You shouldn't do this when there is no IDG fault. But you can repair it as follows:

Go to Instructor > Situation > Malfunctions > Elec
At item "Generator failure - 3" click the Repair button. If the Repair button is not visible, first click Activate and then Repair. (The Repair button only appears when the malfunction has been activated.)

Regards,

|-|ardy

P.S.: On the flight deck there is no display that shows the IDG oil temperature in Celsius.

For example, when the engine #4 IDG oil temp is too high, the lower EICAS ELEC page shows an amber box on bus #4 with the amber text "DRIVE TEMP/PRESS". And the upper EICAS shows the advisory message "ELEC DRIVE 4".

For example, when the engine #4 IDG has a diode fault that trips the GCB (generator control breaker), the lower EICAS ELEC page shows an amber box on bus #4 with the amber text "OFF". And the upper EICAS shows the caution message "ELEC GEN OFF 4".

Such malfunctions can occur in PSX when random malfunctions are enabled, or when someone has activated such a malfunction on the Instructor screen, or when the pilot has pushed certain switches.
Thank you for your detailed answer. I have solved this problem according to your method. May I ask if the GENERATOR CONTROL BREAKER is in the CONTROL panel of the circuit BREAKER of the aircraft?

If yes, can you help me find its specific location? thank you

Hardy Heinlin

GCB means "Generator Circuit Breaker" or "Generator Control Breaker", but it's not a push/pull CB knob on the flight deck.

The GCB is automatic, but you can also control it by the GEN CONT switch on the overhead panel. See Aerowinx manual, page 202.

John H Watson

QuoteBut I don't have the information of the circuit breaker control panel in Chinese. Do you mind if I ask you the location of the GCB circuit breaker

The GCB is a relay, not a circuit breaker. They are located in the Main Equipment Centre, just in front of the forward lower cargo area. They have magnetic latching (if control power is lost). That is, they remain in the last position when control power is lost.

YUHAO WANG

OK, thank you very much for your detailed answers