News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Honeycomb yoke / throttle - button question

Started by petdocvmd, Sun, 24 Jan 2021 01:45

petdocvmd

After many months, I finally received my Honeycomb controls.  Pretty impressive, for sure.  I've configured as much as possible for PSX, but there are a number of inputs that are unusable because there are no USB mapping counterparts in PSX (as TCP/IP is used for granular I/O).  Thus I had the thought of writing my own app to capture the inputs and send the appropriate info to PSX via TCP/IP. 

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any recent / useful information regarding how to handle USB game controller input in Windows 10.  I code in Java, Python, and C#.  I'd be grateful if someone could point me to an example, or the correct place to look for documentation, as my searches have not been fruitful.  There's got to be some sort of methodology - PSX itself (a Java app) finds and can use the Honeycomb controls and buttons.

Thanks for any advice on this!

Scott
Scott L. Fausel, VMD

petdocvmd

I did not see this Hardy, but will check it out - thanks!

Scott
Scott L. Fausel, VMD

Hardy Heinlin

I implemented their stuff in PSX. At that time they had their own web site. They moved to Github in 2014. I haven't checked their Github stuff, but it looks like there has been no changes.

|-|