News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Audio for VATSIM Standalone Client

Started by andrej, Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:32

andrej

Hello all,

I searched audio.vatsim.net, but without success. Where can one download the standalone client version for VATSIM? In recent days, I have problem with audio, when connecting to VATSIM.

I am running:
vPilot version 2.7.0
Connected to simulator: Microsoft Flight Simulator (11.0.282174.999)
WidePSX 2.5.6

I am able to connect, and submit flight plan. However, I am not able to connect on voice. Previously, all I needed to was to restart MSFS, but this fix does not work anymore.

Thank you for your help!

EDIT:
I should mention that I was using modified POSKY (KAL B744) model. It seems that when using default B748, voice works as intended. We shall see. :)

EDIT 2:
Battery drainage problem. Once battery is drained, I am unable to communicate via vPilot. But, once I start engines on B748, and restore battery power in the MSFS plane, I get my communication ability back.

Is there a common fix for this?
Andrej

Captain_Crow

Hi Andrej,

I donĀ“t use MSFS, use Xplane but as far as I know there is no need to use AFV client anymore, it should be included into the Vpilot clients newest version. Same as at Xpilot for Xplane..

I hope this helps a bit...
Steff

JohnH

I had the same problem, I just make sure the FS2020 747-8 or whatever you use has the engines running. I press ctrl+e and seems to solve the problem.

John

edit- I just tried it with the custom modified WidePSX aircraft and it works fine without ctrl+e. Then tried it with default FS2020 747-8 and also worked without ctrl+e. Now trying with a standard Posky 747 model and it required ctrl+e to get the radios working.

J

andrej

Hello Steff,

thanks for this confirmation. I used Beta version of vPilot and reverted back to stable version (2.6.10). I was confused, why my vPilot connected and worked fine, but the voice. At it is most definitely battery (power source) issue.

Hello John,
I will try to use ctrl+e as soon as I started with the POSKY model next time. That might fix my issue.

Currently I am enroute from HKG to CGN and vPilot works with default B748 (engines are running). Thanks to both for your help!

Best!
Andrej