News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Questions about weather zones

Started by chanc, Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:09

chanc

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that when departing from certain airports like RJOO the weather zone isn't automatically set to that airport. Although I can manually type the icao identifier in for PSX to pull up the metar, but it can't be set as the focused zone. PSX seems to be loading weather from RJGG which is more than 100 miles away. On a closer look, I noticed that RJOO and some other smaller international airports doesn't have a coordinate and a radius in the weather panel. Could this be the problem? Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

this happens when RJOO cannot be found in the world-wide METAR file. When PSX cannot find a METAR for RJOO, it cannot generate a real-world weather for RJOO, thus it won't create an RJOO zone at all. Instead, it searches the file for the nearest alternate METAR.

When you enter RJOO on a "Local zone" page, the page will indicate "Location: unknown". In that case the zone will never be focussed. You can set a zone manually by clicking the button "Present aircraft position" while your aircraft is in the RJOO area. Then you can set the weather parameters for this zone.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: chanc on Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:09
On a closer look, I noticed that RJOO and some other smaller international airports doesn't have a coordinate and a radius in the weather panel.

Can you tell me which other airports you missed? It could also be that they are not in my index table (the table is supposed to accelerate the METAR search). I'll try to fix this in the next PSX update ...

chanc

Thanks for looking into this. I've been flying mostly in Japan and it seems that there are quite a few airports that are missing. Here are some that I have noticed.

RJOO
RJSS
RORS
RJCK
RJCH
RJEC
RJFK
RJFU
RJNA
RJFT
RJOM
RJOK