News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Green Band Lights in Stab trim guage

Started by Matt Sheil, Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:33

Matt Sheil

HI Guys, should the Green band lights in the Stab trim Guage be part on the master light test?
Does not seem to be in PSX currently.
also does anyone know if the smoke evac handle is spring loaded to close?
Cheers,
Matt

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Matt,

you mean the additional nose-up and nose-down greenbands that only appear when the TRIM CG on the TAKEOFF REF page is set to an extreme value?

I just checked my code (written 12 years ago). Their brightness do change with the MD&T dim setting, but they are completely off when the CG value in the FMC is in the mid range, even when the MD&T lamp test is running.

I think this behaviour has been observed on the real deck. But I'm not sure anymore ...

Cheers,

|-|ardy

I have seen smoke evac handles in the pulled-out position while nobody was pulling on it. So I guess there's no spring.

Avi

Quote from: Matt Sheil on Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:33
HI Guys, should the Green band lights in the Stab trim Guage be part on the master light test?

No. They are powered by the MD&T system (Cap: [P6 F20], FO: [P6 F26]) and they can be DIM but they are not connected to the TEST relays.

Cheers,

P.S.:
12 years...
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

So PSX is correct.

The greenband-on signal from the FMC goes via MAWEA A and B, i.e. when a greenband is displayed and you pull both MAWEA CBs, the greenband disappears. This signal is the only signal that commands the greenband to appear.

|-|ardy

Matt Sheil

Thanks Guys, perfect
We test them by entering smaller or larger CofG in CDU, just thought it was strange they do not test like all other lights.
Thanks,
Matt