News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Disabling mouse control

Started by thecrazedlog, Sun, 17 Jan 2021 01:08

thecrazedlog

Hey all:

I've had a quick squizz around the settings and the forum but haven't found anything on this subject:

Is it possible to disable the mouse control? When I'm moving the mouse around the screen I get the "YOKE" or throttle prompts on my mouse cursor. As I fly with controls, I have no use for this.

Is there a way to disable this functionality?

Thanks

Anthony

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Anthony,

go to Instructor > Preferences > Screen, and under "Hide mouse cursor" select "After 7 sec." or "Always".

|-|ardy

thecrazedlog

So I saw that, but thought that meant hide the cursor completely. I'll give that a go

Thanks!

Anthony

Hardy Heinlin

What do you mean by "completely"?

When hidden, it's hidden. The complete cursor is hidden. Not just a part of it.

It only affects the cursor within the PSX frame.

thecrazedlog

So I played with this setting yesterday. My initial explanation wasn't very good, let me try again.

What I want to do is this:
- Not have the ability to control the flight controls using the mouse. I don't want to to be able to move the yoke or throttle using the mouse.
- I do want to be able to adjust everything else, eg autopilot, glareshield controls, FMC, etc.

Does that make more sense?

Hardy Heinlin

As long as you don't push a mouse button and don't turn the mouse wheel, the mouse won't actuate anything on the flight deck.

The cursor motion alone will do nothing. When your hand is on the joystick, your hand won't be on the mouse. So there's no risk of an unwanted mouse action, even when vibrations are moving the cursor position.

The mouse yoke only works as long as the left mouse button is pushed. When you release the mouse button, the yoke is centered.

When the yoke icon appears, it just means the mouse yoke is enabled. It is enabled when the mouse cursor is in certain areas. Please refer to page 22 in the PSX manual.

Toga

In some occasions you can inadvertently move the yoke when panning around the flight deck when you start then pan with the mouse in certain locations. It's happened to me on numerous occasions. Is this what you are describing?

Hardy Heinlin

Panning requires the right button to be pressed, the mouse-yoke requires the left button to be pressed.

If the mouse has no right button, the CTRL keyboard key has to be pressed in addition to the mouse button.

The handling rule remains constant in every situation.