News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Forum issue

Started by asboyd, Tue, 12 Jan 2021 03:36

asboyd

Hardy, sorry to bug you but the "Mark read" button seems to be out of whack. If I add a reply, I normally would not get a "New" indication. Now I am getting one and when I try to click "Mark Read" nothing happens.

Seems a little strange... I have not updated my browser (Vivaldi, based on Chrome)..

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Hardy Heinlin

Now it should work.

I just removed a forum software modification that (intentionally) keeps the NEW flag displayed until all new posts are actually clicked. Now we're back to the default setting which already removes the NEW flag when just the NEW flag itself is clicked, even when the new posts are not clicked yet.

|-|ardy

asboyd

Thanks Hardy,
Seemed a little strange for me to get a new post flag when I was the one to make the new post... :)

Cheers,
AlexB

asboyd

UPDATE,
Still happening.... :(

Oh dear,

Cheers,
AlexB

Hardy Heinlin

It should reset when you log out and in.

asboyd

Have logged out and in.... Now trying to see if my post comes up as a newby... :)

Cheers,
AlexB

asboyd

OK, so new does not show in forum  submenu, but does show in Apron area when I post. I have to enter the forum sub menu and open the post before it goes away from the Apron area.

Cheers,
AlexB

Update, when I click Mark read the "new" icon appears in the sub menu where I posted this message. I have to open the sub message to clear it.

Cheers,
AlexB

asboyd

OK new issue today. If I go into a sub forum and look at one new entry the apron "MSG" icon disappears even though there are still new posts in the subforum....

Looks like your post update has some issues with it..

Sorry
AlexB

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:58
OK new issue today. If I go into a sub forum and look at one new entry the apron "MSG" icon disappears even though there are still new posts in the subforum....

That's normal. It's the default function as it keeps the forum database access activity low (for the MSG check). The previous modification rechecks every post in the database whenever you click-move within the forum.

Regards,

|-|ardy

asboyd

Still having the issue where I create a reply, exit the subforum and re-enter to find a "new" icon beside the item I replied to. I have to exit the subforum enter another subforum and read a post, then I can go back and remove the new icon...

It used to work OK...

Maybe it is a forum software update that changed the read/unread process....

Cheers,
AlexB

Hardy Heinlin

I'm seeing the same problem here. I can't fix it, unfortunately. There was no software update.

It started with the change to HTTPS. But I checked all system URLs, they're all correct.

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It's most likely a cookie thing that needs to be solved by flushing cookies out of the browser in some way. I have had these issues on and off for years; and at the moment it actually works ok. For me. Firefox.

Hoppie

Will

I'm seeing it here. This post was to test if signing out and back in again fixed the issue, and it did not.
Will /Chicago /USA

asboyd

Hoppie seems to have the answer. I cleared out my cookie cache and now the forum is behaving as it was....
How strange!!!

Cheers,
AlexB

Grr... the problem is still there. If I make a post and click "Mark Read" the "new icon appears and the "MSG" appears in the Apron. I can no longer click "Mark read" to get rid of it.