News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Live Flight

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Jan 2021 18:54

JP59

Hello,

Tomorrow at 9:00 UTC I will be live on YouTube and Twitch to share my virtual flight from EBLG to KMIA with an Atlas Air 744F. I will be using the PSX/WidePSX/MSFS combo, and my home 744 cockpit. It will be my very first live with my new setup (I own the simulator since 10 years now, but recently did an installation in my new apartment, with some improvements like the streaming stuff). The cockpit is far to be complete, I am not a professional pilot, neither an instructor. My goal is only to share my passion and pleasure of virtual traveling with other fellow enthusiasts, so if you are interested don't hesitate to come and say « Hello » on the chat. I will be streaming during the whole flight time, with some resting pauses during the cruise, but the live will remain on.

Cheers !
Jean-Philippe

Hessel Oosten

He did IT !!

Hessel

Edit: Pic of JP inside screenshot removed on request of JP

Petri

What a great flight! Foggy EBLG departure looked especially amazing. Thanks for sharing the experience, Jean-Philippe!

Regards,

Petri

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Welcome to Miami: a chilly 19°C and dropping fast!

Hoppie

funkyhut

Great flight and thanks for sharing the experience. Looking forward to the next one!
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

michelvsr

Nice demonstration of what is possible with PSX + WidePSX + MSFS2020 !
Very interesting, thanks !

brian747

Many congratulations on your new cockpit, Philippe, as well as on your first flight. MSFS makes a great scenery generator for PSX, and your stream was great!   

(Sadly, I missed the live event, but the video looks superb).   

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

JP59

Hello,

Thank you very much for the kind words and for being a part of the experience. It was far to be perfect at my side; managing the aircraft and the stream at the same time is something I will learn as the lives goes. A lot of mistakes and errors (de-icing, briefings, procedures,...) so, sorry for hurting the real pilots watching ears  ;D

My goal is reached : sharing my virtual flights with friends instead of running my rig for my own. I am a happy man. This is only the beginning of a long story of flights sharing. I will never be alone in the air anymore now. Thank you again guys !

I will not pollute the forum by announcing the flights every time. So if you want to be notified of my flights schedule, you may follow my YouTube or Twitch channels, and join my Discord (I will notify about 24 hours before the flights) :

Kind regards,
Jean-Philippe

asboyd

I second the above comments Jean-Philippe,
Excellent viewing... I also like the way you handled the ATC issue during taxi/take off....
I am sure live ATC would notice such things as wanting the longest run up :)

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

cagarini

Congratulations !

Just watched selected parts of the video, but it looks really great, both your setup and the combination between PSX and MFS.

One thing I noticed, due to the colourful LEDs 😊, was a set of at least 4 desktops... Wow that's some cpu power ... Can you give us the schema of your setup in terms of all machines involved, including clients & servers ?

Toga

Looks great, looking forward to the next one!

T

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: jcomm on Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:58
One thing I noticed, due to the colourful LEDs 😊, was a set of at least 4 desktops... Wow that's some cpu power ... Can you give us the schema of your setup in terms of all machines involved, including clients & servers ?

It is a 5 computers setup. The first PC is the MSFS PC. The second is the streaming PC. The third is running PSX server, WidePSX, FDS Glare and CDUs interfaces, and my hardware IOCards/PSXSeecon interface. The 2 others are running instances of PSX for the PFD/ND/EICAS screens.

I don't have any schema but let me know if you want some more details.

Regards
Jean-Philippe

cagarini

Thx JP !

No, no aditional details needed :-) Just enought time to watch the full stream ;-)

JP59

Hi,

You're welcome. Thanks again all for the kind words. I added time stamps to the video on YouTube for easier watching.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

the mad hatter

really rather cool 😎

GodAtum

Love how you'v esetup all the PCs behind, so neat! But don't you have long cables going to the displays, USBs etc? How do you keep everything neat and tidy?

744sim

Hello,

Congratulations to Jean-Phillipe for your new cockpit, I'm very impressed with your flights.

Regarding this video:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqLQRDWIH31QbR4op_EJ9w

At 01:12:00 and 03:45:00, I see a window on the bottom right with Jeppesen charts (airport & approach, respectively). I would like to ask about how to aircraft positioning is achieved and what software and connectivity are involved on it. I haven't come to this yet....

Thanks in advance,
Javier / Barcelona (Spain)

Ton van Bochove

I think you mean the Navigraph Jeppesen terminal/airport charts with Simlink

"Simlink is a small client application which reads your aircraft coordinates from your simulator (FSX, P3D, X-Plane) and sends them to Navigraph servers. Charts Clients can fetch the coordinates from Navigraph servers and use them to draw the aircraft location on the airport and enroute charts ("moving map") in real-time"
Ton

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

*frown*

Why that detour through the cloud?  DRM?  There are no charts on your PC, you get everything nearly as if it were a video?