News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX Electronic Checklist

Started by flyer605, Tue, 5 Jan 2021 04:34

flyer605

Thank you to everyone having the patience with me to report back with your errors.

I've updated the download to include a bat file which when run, should keep any errors on screen long enough to read.

I'm trying to determine exactly where the error is, so I've added a couple of triggers which should print out some relevant information so I can (hopefully) determine what the problem is.

AlexB - The "QFA - Sean1.pilot" checklists are sadly too long so they don't currently work. You can break them up into smaller chunks (see the conditions in the first post) and they should work. Perhaps in the future I'll be able to get rid of any size issues, but not in the near future.

Thanks again for your help!

simbro

The batch method doesn't work for me as the PAUSE command only executes after the PSX ECL command window has already closed - leaving only the batch window open...
The pause command needs to be inside the PSX ECL executable to make its window stay open.

asboyd

Simon,
I have my file unzipped to a F:\Flightstuff\PSX\PSX ECL V0.1\ directory (Winzip extracted).

I do not install my PSX add-ins into Aerowinx as I copy it complete to the other machines I am running in my cockpit setup.
So I use a separate disk/directory for addons...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

flyer605

simbro:
That's strange because I get error messages in the window from PSX ECL. Could you try something for me - Can you try putting in a deliberately incorrect directory for PSX in your "PSX ECL.cfg"? I just want to see if any of the code gets run at all and if you see anything sort of error codes in the window.

Thank you

asboyd

I edited Sean's config and the checklist works ok... I added a secure checklist (as per BAW ! - Sarah) and renamed some of Sean's wav files (I recorded two extra for the start/end of secure checklist...

Looking forward to your enhancements as you go forward :)

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

simbro

I'm afraid that I'll be away from my simulator until the end of january so won't be able to test anythimg until then at the earliest.....  Sorry!
Regards
Simon

flyer605

Simon,

No need to apologise, I will keep working on it and hopefully it will be fixed by the time you return...

Well I can dream!

Will

Thanks for all your work, flyer605. I have many ideas for add-ons myself, but they say it takes 10,000 hours to get really good at something. That's just over three years, assuming 8 hour days. I don't have that much time to invest in programming, so I'll be on the sidelines forever. Good for you for being able to contribute!
Will /Chicago /USA

simbro

Hi flyer605,

I'm back in town and have tried addding a deliberately incorrect directory for PSX in "PSX ECL.cfg"

This now creates a "Error.log" file containing

XX:\Aerowinx" directory may not exist.
Check "PSX ECL.cfg" and "Checklist Errors.txt" for errors.

but no "Checklist Errrors.txt" file.

A cmd-style window appears briefly, a second window with the shape of the ECL window (title is "ECL v0.1") 'flashes up' above the cmd window then both windows disappear followed by...  nothing!

However, I've had a closer look (using screen captures) at exactly what's happening and found that if I have a correct PSX directory in my "PSX ECL.cfg" file I get the following messages in the cmd window at the moment the ECL window tries to appear:

Traceback (most recent call list):
   File "PSX ECL.py", line 777, in <module>
   File "PSX ECL.py", line 618, in load_checklists
   File "PSX ECL.py", line 296, in __init__
IndexError: list index out of range
[21236] Failed to execute script PSX ECL

Hope this is of some help!!

Regards
Simon

flyer605

Hey simbro,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have a feeling that means the checklists aren't being read properly. I will get back into it and do some investigation in a few days once I get back home.

Cheers

flyer605

V0.11 is available...

I'm hoping this will fix some of the errors people are seeing.

Just modify (or use the currently supplied) config file to show PSX=None at the end and the program should bring up a window to select your main Aerowinx install folder.

Fingers crossed!

Avi

Sorry, no go.

When I first started it, a window to select my PSX folder opened. When I selected it, I got an error message (Failed to execute script PSX ECL) with no error.log file and after pressing OK everything closed.

The same happened when I edited the cfg file and entered my PSX path.

Then I entered a wrong path and got an error file telling me the directory doesn't exist.
That means PSX ECL does recognize my (correct) path but something is still wrong.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

flyer605

Fiddlesticks... (edited for profanity  ;))

I'll keep at it!

simbro

Have exactly the same issues/results that Avi reported...
I also noticed that after selecting the PSX directory the cfg file is not updated with the correct path.

Regards
Simon