News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Kudos to this forum

Started by Ivo de Colfmaker, Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:36

Ivo de Colfmaker

I really appreciate this forum and his members,always helpful,
Always an answer even on the dumbest questions, and in a polite manner.
I have been on other forums and believe me, there in a different league.
A few years back , when flying the Majestic dash Q8 , in P3D, I asked a question on there forum, do not remember the subject, but the first answer I got someone bit my nose off, told me to read the F.... manual, and if I could not understand it, I should choose a different hobby!
Almost fell out of my chair .

Also flew the Baron 58 in Xplane a lot, nice plane for some VFR
flying, again  , the forum was not of the same quality as this one.but ok.
Now when MFS2020 came out, things changed a bit.
There is a subforum, called General flight sim , talk about other sims, I found it striking howe much sarcasme and rudeness came in to the posts.
Users of the new sim were by no means simmers, the were gamers , Xplane was the only good sim, with accurate flight models and dynamics, the MFS guys were idiots who fly a car with wings, gasping at some nice looking clouds in what they called a Google earth simulator, funny, because MFS uses Bing maps,!
And, "real simmers do not care about nice visuals, but only the flight model is important , "
This kind of posts where more  and more  the norm.
A very strange comment for a community were most of there users buying scenery add ons to make it look good, and spend as much as Xplane itself for an add on that generate clouds , because the default ones are ugly and eat FPS like a hungry bear .

There for this forum will always have a special place in my hart, and although the majority of the users here are professionally involved in aviation, help is always given,  unconditionally and with no form af sarcasme , no matter how trivial the question is ,in todays world a rear phenomena!
So my thanks go out to Hardy, and all you guys for making this community a nice place to be in
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

beat578

I can second that. well said ivo! This year, so many things changed in a way you could not imagine just one year ago. And still one thing never changes: You can come in here, learn and feel comfortable. It's something magic, like disneyworld was when I was a child. you can come in and discover something new every time. Also thanks to all those enthousiastic people developping addons to make that already increddible sim even bigger. I am looking forward having some spare hours over christmas, flying around and browsing the forum!

Stay save and have a great christmas time
Beat LSZH

Will

I agree, one of the nicest corners of the internet.
Will /Chicago /USA

funkyhut

It's taken me a while to appreciate fully the depth of PSX which is not just the program but the whole community surrounding it.
Thanks to all for making this a great place to be.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Toga

IefCooreman

Hi Ivo, nice to see you're still "alive and kicking" :-)

It's interesting to see the background of all the people here. Even being non-747 from the beginning (to be honest because I considered it extremely inefficient and hence "no future to be found there") it's interesting to see remarks pop-up here that make you go into any Boeing book, no matter what Boeing fleet you fly.

On that subject, who would've thought 2020 just threw the biggest dilemma of my life in front of my feet. That "inefficient" 744 just threw a curveball right into my face lol

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Ief,
Nice to hear from you to!
It has been a long time since we met, the year Sabena went bust if I recall well.
Followed  your career  a bit, you made your dream happen  I see , well done!
That curve ball you talk about, does that come from a country were the taxes are low and the fuel is cheaper?🤭🤭
A day at this forum is a day learned!

IefCooreman

Hi Ivo, no no, I'm very happy where I am now, can't complain at all :-)