News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Is PSX Java compatible with Apple M1 silicon processor?

Started by Gilad, Tue, 1 Dec 2020 12:42

andmiz

Thanks.  I removed and reinstalled Java again and got it going with Java 8.

Gilad

Quote from: andmiz on Sat, 20 Mar 2021 01:34
Hi Team

I'm having issues getting it to load on M1.  I've got the Java JDK and also the Zulu JDK but nothing is helping PSX to load.  I don't get any messages or indications that anything has happened when I try to open AerowinxStart.

Is there a step I have missed?   I think it's the similar issue to Gilad, and even with the Aerowinx folder in my Applications folder, it's not working.

Exactly the same issue I had.

Just move the full aerowinx folder to your main applications folder. Works flawlessly.

Peter Keenan

I'm having the same problem as admiz, can't get it to run either. Just downloaded Java 19.0.1 (downloaded from Oracle), and using Silicon M1 Mac, with Ventura 13.1 OS.

Just bought the program and would like to get it up and running. I've searched here on the web board for information and tried the various steps, including moving aerowinx to the Applications folder. No response.

Standing by to standby. Please advise.

Quote from: andmiz on Sat, 20 Mar 2021 01:34Hi Team

I'm having issues getting it to load on M1.  I've got the Java JDK and also the Zulu JDK but nothing is helping PSX to load.  I don't get any messages or indications that anything has happened when I try to open AerowinxStart.

Is there a step I have missed?   I think it's the similar issue to Gilad, and even with the Aerowinx folder in my Applications folder, it's not working. 

Hardy Heinlin

Peter, Andmiz "got it going with Java 8". So, can you please uninstall Java 19 and install Java 8? It's still supported and available here:

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase8u211-later-archive-downloads.html

On that page scroll down to "macOS x64 Compressed Archive" which is listed under "Java SE Runtime Environment 8u341".

Please let us know if that helps.

Best wishes,

|-|ardy

Guy13

HI,

With Catalina, I had to install Java 8, while with Monterey I was using Java 15.
IMPORTANT uninstall java 19 before installing Java 8.
The problem I encountered was that Java was not in the System Setup, so it was impossible to uninstall.
I had a little trouble removing it.
The link with which I finally managed to uninstall it:
https://explainjava.com/uninstall-java-macos/

With java 8 everything is back in order.
Regards
Guy

Peter Keenan

Hardy & Guy, Many thanks to you both. It's now up and running.