News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FDS CDU - Monitor

Started by andrej, Sun, 6 Dec 2020 16:34

andrej

Hi all,
a little problem I am encountering. I am not sure, whether it is my laptop or the user.

I have CDU from the FDS and I would like to use it regularly now. I followed all steps as per the manual and I know that it is connected. I can see on my Aerowinx that whenever I click any key, appropriate key is selected. That is not an issue.

The problem is that when I transfer Aerowinx copy to the second monitor, it goes all black.

I have a following open:
Screen 1: (1920 x 1080 )
Network Aerowinx copy, as I am utilizing space, in order to make it work with FS2020.
Screen 2: (800 x 600)
Single copy of Aerowinx -> networked (used for CDU display only).
When I drag this screen to Screen 2, Aerowinx goes black. Border and title is present as my Windows 10.
However, the sim goes black (black screen, instead of Aerowinx sim).

Screen 1:

Screen 2:

What am I doing wrong? I have latest RTX Drivers installed. Everything works well.
Thanks for any help!

Edit: (img width=500) applied
Andrej

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Andrej,

do you start your "CDU" PSX client with the preference option "Allow window stretching across multiple monitors"?

If so, you may try to deselect it and restart that client.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Other things to try:

- Make the new PSX window smaller than required (just 10 x 10 cm or something).
- Put it in the middle of the new monitor. Let it be black if it is so.
- Stop it normally (Esc, Quit).
- Restart it so that it comes up on the new monitor and never got dragged around.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sun,  6 Dec 2020 18:06
- Restart it so that it comes up on the new monitor and never got dragged around.

If you do this, first save that layout in the layout file you use for sim start (could be "NetStartDemoLeft" 9pack or something) -- unless you use "-End of last session.9pack".

|-|

Hammerstan

Yes the "black screen" issue occurs often when moving PSX issues across monitors, so summarising the above as the standard technique I use to set up new monitors (I have 12 monitors on my setup):
- start psx and size the PSX window/layout as desired
- move this PSX window to the CDU display (PSX window will go black)
- save the layout in the PSX Layout page
- Go to the PSX Preference page and set "Start with layout" with the layout filename just saved so on the next PSX start the desired CDU window & layout will start up on the CDU display from the outset, and not be black

andrej

Dear all,
thank you for your help! I am happy to say, that it works. :)

Best!
Andrej