News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

MacOS Big Sur

Started by Steve_Beckett, Tue, 1 Dec 2020 13:39

Steve_Beckett

Hi, does anyone have feedback for PSX after installing MacOS Big Sur?

When I last installed Catalina 10.15.7 ,  I lost functionality of the joystick for PSX.

Would hate to make things worse.

Pierre Theillere

Hi Steve!

All is running fine with PSx (and all sims) here under Catalina, and still now OK with Big Sur. Only things I had to do (when upgrading to Catalina) to have full joystick support is to enable java and libinput-osx.dylib in privacy / input monitoring in System Preferences.
Hope that can solve your issue...
Pierre, LFPG

Steve_Beckett

Hello Pierre,

Thank you very much for the reply and I appreciate the "preferences" info. Hopefully I can get the joystick operational again. I'm still undecided on Big Sur, but at least PSX will run should I make the upgrade. That's good to know.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Jeroen D

Has anybody else upgraded to Big Sur yet?

I just did. PSX was running fine under Catalina. Wont even start now.

It tells me "The java jar file could not be launched." check the console for possible error messages" I have no idea what a console is or where to find it?

Apart from a complete re-installation, not quite sure what to do?

Jeroen

Hardy Heinlin

I don't have Big Sur, but have you tried moving your Aerowinx folder to the Mac's "Applications" folder? It may launch there, and won't launch from the "Desktop" folder.

|-|ardy

Jeroen D

Thanks Hardy!

I moved the Aerowinx folder to the application folder and it started up fine!. I will be doing some more checking, but it runs at 70fps. Seems to have done the trick!

Jeroen

Jeroen D

I have done some more checking. Everything runs fine, except the joystick. I am using an external USB key pad to cycle through the different lay outs, that works fine.

Couple of odd things:

When I start PSX I still get the message ""libjinput-osx.dylib" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.". I have added it to the input monitoring privacy settings, but it still shows up every time I start up PSX, just click cancel and it starts up, still?

With PSX running when I click on the "About Aerowinx" I get a little pop up saying Java version 1.0 (1.0)

However when I look in the instructor station under "About" it shows I am running Java 1.8.0_31

When looking at the USB tab in the instructor station no USB input are shown. So it appears as if PSX somehow does not see my joystick anymore. There are worse things, but it would be nice to have it operational again.

Jeroen

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Jeroen D on Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:34... ""libjinput-osx.dylib" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.". I have added it to the input monitoring privacy settings, but it still shows up ...

Strangely, that same trick seems to work for Pierre, as he wrote here:
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=6187.msg66869#msg66869

Quote from: Jeroen D on Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:34
With PSX running when I click on the "About Aerowinx" I get a little pop up saying Java version 1.0 (1.0)

"1.0" has no meaning there and is displayed on all new and old Macs. It's just a placeholder value for Windows/Apple/Linux platform compatibility. It's neither the true Java version nor the true Aerowinx version.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Jeroen D

Thanks Hardy.

Yes, Pierre wrote
Quoteto have full joystick support is to enable java and libinput-osx.dylib in privacy / input monitoring in System Preferences.

I have that "libinput-osx.dylib" enabled.  Would it need anything else to enable java itself here as well. I have looked at all my apps folders but I don't see anything called Java in there?

Thanks

Jeroen

Jeroen D

Well, at least I have found that my MacBook does seem to recognise the Thrustmaster Joystick. It shows up in the system report as one of the USB devices. Now for the tricky part, how to get it to work under PSX?

Jeroen