News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

BACARS Unable To Request/Receive WX Uplinks & BACARS Feature Request

Started by G-CIVA, Fri, 27 Nov 2020 02:38

G-CIVA

As the title suggests & as of 48hrs ago my BACARS is unable to request/receive WX uplinks.

I am still able to request/receive WX uplinks via the PSX native ACARS functionality.

Any ideas?

BACARS Feature Request - whilst we are able to edit lines in the BACARS PSX.BACARS.UI.exe.Config file (Short Airline Code, Long Airline Code & Weight in KG or LB) within the BACARS INIT Page the FOB entry @ LSK >4L will (I suspect) only accept a figure up to the maximum allowable fuel figure for a B744 PAX variant with the STAB TANK option in KGs (circa 173000 kgs).

If I am flying an airframe with the LBs option the FOB qty will often exceed this number & on occasion nearly reach the maximum of circa 383032 lbs.

This results in BACARS rejecting this amount & displaying the SCTRATCHPAD Message INVALID ENTRY.

Could BACARS be updated to accept these higher amounts when operating airframes with the lbs option set?
Steve Bell
aka The CC

andrej

Quote from: G-CIVA on Fri, 27 Nov 2020 02:38
As the title suggests & as of 48hrs ago my BACARS is unable to request/receive WX uplinks.

I am still able to request/receive WX uplinks via the PSX native ACARS functionality.

I confirm this as well. WX uplink key seems to be "stuck" at Sent and Send position. I thought that there was something wrong with my setup. Other requests are working well.

Native WX uplink works without any issue.

Cheers,
Andrej

G-CIVA

Gents,

I know people are really busy with real lives ... any clues as to where the issue might lie with this?

Gary, Hoppie?
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I remember there was a previous post that stated there was an XML file somewhere that captured intermediate state of BACARS, and that could get stuck in a state that was aborted. Editing or even just removing this file cleared the hangup.

It's not "my" part of the system, that isn't capable of hanging up a user interface in this way.

Hoppie

JohnH

I deleted the 2 XML files in the PSXBacars\Resources folder, ACARSDATA.xml and CARDDATA.xml. However Bacars still does not sent the WXR info.

John

Gary Oliver

Quote from: G-CIVA on Wed,  2 Dec 2020 00:06
Gents,

I know people are really busy with real lives ... any clues as to where the issue might lie with this?

Gary, Hoppie?

Yep sorry real life has got in the way at the moment working all hours and zero time for simming.

I'll try and take a look this weekend, sounds like it's affecting several people so either VATSIM or the weather service changed something which broke it.

G-CIVA

Steve Bell
aka The CC

JohnH

Just doing a flight using PSX with WidePSX and FS2020. Tried Bacars WX/AIS for arrival at EGKK and it worked! It hadn't worked for several weeks, did just change something Gary?

Thanks John