News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

JP59

Hello Younghoon,

I acknowledge and accept your apologizes. However, your continuous loud worries about copyright and WidePSX requires a clarification.

First, this project is NOT a part of the WidePSX product. It is not sold with WidePSX. Moreover, WidePSX is compatible with ANY aircraft in FSX, P3D or MSFS, so it doesn't relies on this POSKY model to work at all. I am helping this free project the most I can, by doing if possible some updates in WidePSX. These updates do not change the compatibility of WidePSX with any other models which will always remain usable.

Second, I can't impeach you to continue working at your side. But our collaboration ended the day you unilaterally decided to stop it, and after all this drama I don't want to restart it anymore. Good luck for your projects, which I hope will serve the PSX community, which is the most important thing here. I remain available as the WidePSX developer if you have any question about the compatibility of your projects with WidePSX, like I am for this project, and any other.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

funkyhut

I'd like to clarify how this project came about.

I was working on a conversion for my own use and posted my models as work-in progress for all to see. When I had a working model, I posted my file as a download. It worked but was far from polished.

When I saw that Younghoon was also doing this, I thought this might come to fruition. When I saw Younghoon quit and that J-p had been helping him with the WidePSX compatibility, I contacted J-p and asked him to help me bring my project to a point where we could provide it for the benefit of the community.

When I saw and agreed with J-p that we had a product which worked, I decided to post it.

I hope the project is of benefit and that the community is enjoying it.

Thank You.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Hardy Heinlin

I remember there was a post (re apologize) from Younghoon in this thread, posted within the last 30 hours or so. Now the post has disappeared. As far as I understand my forum settings, only the admin (me) can remove a post. I didn't remove it. I guess I need to recheck the forum settings ...

|-|

cagarini

Post to delete ( test ).

P.S.: Just tried to delete this post, and IU couldn't find a way to do it, using "normal" methods...

Hardy Heinlin

OK, Hoppie (moderator) removed it on request of Younghoon (who had edited and deleted his text himself).

kwieser76

Quote from: kwieser76 on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 17:40
Quote from: JP59 on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 17:10
Which AC ? I am sorry but your description is very confused. You really have to be more precise if you want to get some efficient help. If you are looking for the model's cockpit in MSFS to become alive, it is not the way it works. This is a dummy cockpit for visual immersion purpose only. The only two buttons « alive » are the windshield heater switches.

I tried the Cargolux, I can't reproduce the issue you describe. Loaded the aircraft at EGLL RWY 27R, engines are always visually spinning, which is normal. As a rule of thumb, before connecting WidePSX, engines are always ON when you load the aircraft on a runway, and always OFF when you load it at a gate or parking. This is how MSFS works.

However I noticed some cases where the engines synchronization is faulty after connecting WidePSX. Maybe this is what you reported. This is strange because the engines synchronization was working perfectly in P3D with the same WidePSX version. So I suspect an issue during the model conversion for MSFS, or one more limitation of the MSFS built-in SimConnect server. I will have a deeper look when able.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

ok i will try it tomorrow again when i restart my systems here ...

BAW ( both aircrafts ...) so it looks that may the BUG with the engine sync

HI, it took a bit longer to test it again and it is working, i was too much focus on the cockit information. But i was able to start it and log in with Vatsim and it is working.

kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

funkyhut

Here is a short video I made in response to a guy on the MSFS forum who is contemplating buying PSX. He was asking about the weather interaction between MSFS and PSX.
No skill on my part, just Hardy's default situ and messing with the weather view in MSFS. Ever wondered what that default which loads when you first run PSX, looks like. Wonder no more!
https://youtu.be/HFPXh-3zo_s
Chris Stanley.

kwieser76

Quote from: kwieser76 on Fri,  6 Nov 2020 07:37
Quote from: kwieser76 on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 17:40
Quote from: JP59 on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 17:10
Which AC ? I am sorry but your description is very confused. You really have to be more precise if you want to get some efficient help. If you are looking for the model's cockpit in MSFS to become alive, it is not the way it works. This is a dummy cockpit for visual immersion purpose only. The only two buttons « alive » are the windshield heater switches.

I tried the Cargolux, I can't reproduce the issue you describe. Loaded the aircraft at EGLL RWY 27R, engines are always visually spinning, which is normal. As a rule of thumb, before connecting WidePSX, engines are always ON when you load the aircraft on a runway, and always OFF when you load it at a gate or parking. This is how MSFS works.

However I noticed some cases where the engines synchronization is faulty after connecting WidePSX. Maybe this is what you reported. This is strange because the engines synchronization was working perfectly in P3D with the same WidePSX version. So I suspect an issue during the model conversion for MSFS, or one more limitation of the MSFS built-in SimConnect server. I will have a deeper look when able.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

ok i will try it tomorrow again when i restart my systems here ...

BAW ( both aircrafts ...) so it looks that may the BUG with the engine sync

HI, it took a bit longer to test it again and it is working, i was too much focus on the cockit information. But i was able to start it and log in with Vatsim and it is working.

kurt

an the frame rate with this model is much better as with the MSFS748 model :-) like it
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Sebastian

Amazing work, thanks so much for this, Chris and J-P! Just downloaded some models and it's really nice to see!
I have tried to convert several times by myself but admittedly I lack the patience... and reading how much time you guys spent: BIG respect!

Regarding the catering truck/tug thing: it is possible via the ModelConverterX to remove the catering trucks, the container loading trucks (for whatever reason they are not randomly shown while loading the MSFS2020 conversion), the stairs and the tug from the original MDL-file. I just tried by myself, but it won't work with the release version of MCX (as it doesn't have a "remove" function in the Object Hierarchy), you need the latest "development" version (https://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/). Then in the Object Hierarchy, scroll down via the cursor (it's pretty far down the list and there's no exact name that could hint to what you're looking for), make sure you have "Highlight selected" ticked and then find the model parts and remove them.

However, here's where my journey ends. I guess you'd have to export it as an FSX-model, otherwise the conversion to MSFS2020 will be flawed and then of course the conversion into MSFS. Like I said, I lack the patience and right now also the time to give it a try for any further steps. But if anyone here wants to give it a try it would be interesting to know if it can give a permanent fix on this.

Regards,
Sebastian

glubbfreund

Hello and thanks for the models :) anybody got a solution for the jetways? Do I have to change the exit values in the cfg?

funkyhut

Greetings Sebastian,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5v7R9SN_9TcS5FpYQQkK3AObbOf9MlO/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks for the lead on this.

Have located the offending objects and removed them but am currently downloading the FS 2002 and FSX SDKs to get makemdl.exe and XtoMDL.exe to save the edited model.

All new to me. Lucky I'm retired with time......

Watch this space!
Chris Stanley.

funkyhut

Hi  glubbfreund,
Please see my video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4Zxqcvriw&list=PLgAwN658zAKNPQxXiXdA-vQR0-nPU0n-K&index=2
Suggest you look at all 7 and take a look at the PDF Manual.
Working on fixing the core issue but it will take some time.
Thanks.
Chris Stanley.

glubbfreund

I watched all of them, they great and very helpful - thanks funkyhut :) But I mean something different, if I taxi to a gate and connect the jetway it connets around 20 Meters in front of me and not at the left front door. But its not a big deal :)

funkyhut

OK. Understood. Positioning at a gate is not an accurate science! Happy you're enjoying otherwise.
Chris Stanley.

Sebastian

Quote from: funkyhut on Sat,  7 Nov 2020 09:30
Greetings Sebastian,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5v7R9SN_9TcS5FpYQQkK3AObbOf9MlO/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks for the lead on this.

Have located the offending objects and removed them but am currently downloading the FS 2002 and FSX SDKs to get makemdl.exe and XtoMDL.exe to save the edited model.

All new to me. Lucky I'm retired with time......

Watch this space!

Looking good, Chris! That error message was very familiar  :o
I'll keep watching  ;)

Regards,
Sebastian

asboyd

I tried the QA 747 yesterday and chose YSSY Runway 34L as my start point, but when I clicked the ready to fly button my engines where not running (NOTE: I do not have WidePSX installed as yet).

I assumed from the info I have been reading that MSFS always starts the engines if you choose a runway, or is it just that the aircraft is powered (engines not running>>)

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

funkyhut

Greetings Alex B
In the world of PSX we have come to expect perfection and that is what we have. Everything works as it should and everything is real.

Once you enter the world of MSFS you leave all that behind and you enter the world of Alice in Wonderland.
In developing these models all I have attempted to do is to provide a lightweight view of the real world of MSFS for the real world of PSX.

Whatever you see in the MSFS window has no effect on what PSX is doing. PSX RULES!

As far as I can see and experience, spawn MSFS on a runway and you have a powered up 747-400, even if the visuals don't show it. Just make sure you turn on the window heat in the MSFS overhead if you don't want the windshield to ice over. For me, sometimes the fan blade are animated and sometimes they are not but always, the marriage works well! vPilot works fine with WidePSX as do the other motions and visuals.

Fixing the spawning with the catering and the tug is something I'm working on. The problem is in the model file. I can remove them but cannot find a way to save the file! Working on it.

Before:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KCQOSmXqx1x2BXR9V_4xPQE3LkeZlC1q/view?usp=sharing
After:

As an aside, I'm working with J-p and 18hazelwood on seeing if we can further simplify the combination of PSX, WidePSX and these Posky models to a wider audience because what we have is a really incredible simulation of the 747-400 with a truly breathtaking view of the world she flies in. And that's something we believe could be shared with a wider audience.

Thanks Alex B. Hope you continue to enjoy this incredible combination.
Chris Stanley.

asboyd

I am finding it an eye opening experience. I always wanted to fly, but gliding is the closest I ever got.
When my family emigrated to Australia we flew on one of the first Qantas 747's and I always remember going into the flightdeck and chatting with the engineer (it was 1972 after all)....
Since then I have flown in many 747's and just prior to 9/11 I managed to spend time heading towards Singapore on the flightdeck of a Qantas 747-400....
I am amazed at the changes that have taken place but the Queen will always be special and what Hardy has put together is allowing me to enjoy not only the ability to fly the queen, but to build one that can be shared by family and friends...
I am sure that things will only get better as time goes by..

Thank you to all involved in getting me there....

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

18hazelwood

Hi all,

Aerowinx 747-400 and WidePSX, PSX Layout View & Tutorial also with an Xbox controller

Little tutorial to show the PSX Layout with MSFS2020.
and
The Drone View Tutorial using an Xbox controller in MSFS2020
The (INSERT) key is used to switch between cockpit and drone in MSFS2020 if this helps.

18hazelwood

https://youtu.be/jv1YcfQlMYk

dvflight1974

I there anyone that will be clever enough to make the textures on this Posky conversion at least PBR so we can see reflections and shiny metal? Some person did a conversion here: https://flightsim.to/file/2276/working-cockpit-747-400-canadian-mods which looks really awesome but he hasn't sorted out the lights. So right now it's a toss up - Working lights on the current conversion you guys share here that looks bland without reflections or the other with reflections but no darn light! Arghhh so frustrating can the two not speak to each other lol