News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

JP59

Hello,

Thank you for your support on the forum and for the private support emails. I've been very affected by your initiatives. Now I hope the incident is closed and we can continue to move forward.

Quote from: 18hazelwood on Sun,  1 Nov 2020 19:00
Can the we get the wipers work on the dummy 747 ??

I also think it will add a lot of immersion when flying the cockpit view. The wipers are not a part of the MSFS -8's cockpit but of its airframe. That's why they don't appear in the model. Work in progress  ;)

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

GodAtum

Is anyone able to share the XYZ numbers for their no cockpit view? I can't seem to get it quite right.

JP59

Hello,

The XYZ coordinates are located at the beginning of the cameras.cfg file, under the [VIEWS] section title. This file is located in the Community folder under posky744_(the livery you want to edit)\Simobjects\AIRPLANE\posky744_(livery name). The default values are -33.2, -1.8, 11.5. You can edit these values to fit your preferences, but it will only affect the livery your are modifying. I think (take this only as an advice) you'd better saving a custom camera position and load it immediately at the beginning of a flight. This is what I do and it works wonderfully. Chris made an excellent tutorial about the views settings : https://youtu.be/5i_aJdhSQo4

We noticed during our tests that the « real » view when loading the aircraft changes depending of the screen size configuration. For example, with the same camera position, the eye point appears to be higher on Chris' 4K monitor than it is on my 1440p. So it is not possible to set a default camera position for every user.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

18hazelwood

Morning all,

Demo video filming outside with the MSFS2020 Drone view using an XBox controller

https://youtu.be/-C7-QE9BpBA

18hazelwood.

kwieser76

HI,

I don't know what i did wrong but if i start the MSFS with the 747 proxy model on the RWY the engine are still off.
Also i cannot toggle the battery button.
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

JP59

Hello kwieser,

The cockpit provided with the model is a dummy cockpit for visual immersion purpose only. The aircraft systems remains all driven and simulated by PSX. The only functional buttons are the two windshield heaters switches you can turn ON to avoid windshield icing, because due to the actual MSFS limitations it is impossible to switch them by networked commands.

Re the engines, were you connected with WidePSX and the Scenery Generator bridge running ? Sorry for this question but, were the PSX engines running ?

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

kwieser76

Quote from: JP59 on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 14:16
Hello kwieser,

The cockpit provided with the model is a dummy cockpit for visual immersion purpose only. The aircraft systems remains all driven and simulated by PSX. The only functional buttons are the two windshield heaters switches you can turn ON to avoid windshield icing, because due to the actual MSFS limitations it is impossible to switch them by networked commands.

Re the engines, were you connected with WidePSX and the Scenery Generator bridge running ? Sorry for this question but, were the PSX engines running ?

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

HI,

I running all on the same PC (WidePSX and MSFS). I followed also twice the same steps as in the description.  I don't know why the engine are not running if i select in MSFS the AC on the RWY for dep and not on a apron or gate.

kurt
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

JP59

PSX747baw91g

Having an issue that may or may not be posky / widefs issue, but when on Vpilot using MSFS2020 and the posky 747 My squawk is standby for ATC even tho shows Mode C on sim and v-pilot, thats with using vpilot as host and remote with AFV running, If i use Viplot on its own then i lose radio's

funkyhut

Hello kwieser,,
Maybe a silly question, but how do you know that the engines are not running when you spawn on a runway. Are the windshield heat switched red? Can you turn them on?
I just spawned the KLM on 27R at EGLL. Without PSX everything is running. Started WidePSX and connected. Everything still running. Wind shield heat switch is red then on.
Thanks.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

kwieser76

Quote from: funkyhut on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 16:04
Hello kwieser,,
Maybe a silly question, but how do you know that the engines are not running when you spawn on a runway. Are the windshield heat switched red? Can you turn them on?
I just spawned the KLM on 27R at EGLL. Without PSX everything is running. Started WidePSX and connected. Everything still running. Wind shield heat switch is red then on.
Thanks.

The AC is unpowerd !
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

kwieser76

Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

JP59

Which AC ? I am sorry but your description is very confused. You really have to be more precise if you want to get some efficient help. If you are looking for the model's cockpit in MSFS to become alive, it is not the way it works. This is a dummy cockpit for visual immersion purpose only. The only two buttons « alive » are the windshield heater switches.

I tried the Cargolux, I can't reproduce the issue you describe. Loaded the aircraft at EGLL RWY 27R, engines are always visually spinning, which is normal. As a rule of thumb, before connecting WidePSX, engines are always ON when you load the aircraft on a runway, and always OFF when you load it at a gate or parking. This is how MSFS works.

However I noticed some cases where the engines synchronization is faulty after connecting WidePSX. Maybe this is what you reported. This is strange because the engines synchronization was working perfectly in P3D with the same WidePSX version. So I suspect an issue during the model conversion for MSFS, or one more limitation of the MSFS built-in SimConnect server. I will have a deeper look when able.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: smurf_aviation on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 15:13
Having an issue that may or may not be posky / widefs issue, but when on Vpilot using MSFS2020 and the posky 747 My squawk is standby for ATC even tho shows Mode C on sim and v-pilot, thats with using vpilot as host and remote with AFV running, If i use Viplot on its own then i lose radio's

I don't know anything about VATSIM so I can't help a lot unfortunately. However, you said the sim and v-pilot clients are showing mode C, so it means that WidePSX is sending PSX XPNDR mode to the sim correctly. What happens in the sim and vPilot client when you try to change the COM frequencies and XPNDR mode, and press IDENT in PSX with WidePSX connected ? Are the frequencies and XPNDR updated accordingly ? (verify checkbox « Send PSX COM frequencies and XPNDR to Scenery Generator » checked in the WidePSX TrafficRadioXPNDR Tab).

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

kwieser76

Quote from: JP59 on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 17:10
Which AC ? I am sorry but your description is very confused. You really have to be more precise if you want to get some efficient help. If you are looking for the model's cockpit in MSFS to become alive, it is not the way it works. This is a dummy cockpit for visual immersion purpose only. The only two buttons « alive » are the windshield heater switches.

I tried the Cargolux, I can't reproduce the issue you describe. Loaded the aircraft at EGLL RWY 27R, engines are always visually spinning, which is normal. As a rule of thumb, before connecting WidePSX, engines are always ON when you load the aircraft on a runway, and always OFF when you load it at a gate or parking. This is how MSFS works.

However I noticed some cases where the engines synchronization is faulty after connecting WidePSX. Maybe this is what you reported. This is strange because the engines synchronization was working perfectly in P3D with the same WidePSX version. So I suspect an issue during the model conversion for MSFS, or one more limitation of the MSFS built-in SimConnect server. I will have a deeper look when able.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

ok i will try it tomorrow again when i restart my systems here ...

BAW ( both aircrafts ...) so it looks that may the BUG with the engine sync
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Britjet

Thanks to JP and Chris (and thanks for the great instructional videos!).

I *think* I've fixed the random and annoying ground equipment "hangers-on".
In the aircraft.cfg file there is a section entitled [SERVICES].
Just comment out all the items in here (put a ";" before each line).

My own rough figures for the eye position is in the Cameras.cfg file where I have replaced "Pilot" camera definition Xyz values with -0.13, 1.0, 5.85
This places the Captains eye just outside the windshield (I think) so there should be no more windscreen ice issues.
Of course this is a static fix, and I believe it is the default view when returning from EXTERIOR view.

Loving all the new liveries. My only issue now is getting the cabin lights to show when viewed from outside?

Now sue me or my name's not Johnny Depp..

JP59

Thanks Britjet for the infos. Will give a try at your trick.

Cheers,
Jean-Philippe

JohnH

Quote from: Britjet on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 17:50
I *think* I've fixed the random and annoying ground equipment "hangers-on".
In the aircraft.cfg file there is a section entitled [SERVICES].
Just comment out all the items in here (put a ";" before each line).

Just an FYI, I tried what Peter suggested and commented out the 'Services' section in the Aircraft.cfg. However when I select the Cargolux (this is the aircraft.cfg I edited) the pushback tug is attached to the nose gear. Shortly after rotate it vanishes?

edit: just landed at EGLL and at touchdown the pushback tug re-appears, very strange.

John

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: JohnH on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 18:49
edit: just landed at EGLL and at touchdown the pushback tug re-appears, very strange.

Don't takeoff with the tug attached. There is a workaround. If you load the aircraft and see the catering and tug attached, simply reload the flight and it should be fine. Explained by Chris in this video tutorial at 3:08 https://youtu.be/1J4Zxqcvriw

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

JP59

Hello,

Today I had a look at all the reports you recently did, and I can give a detailed answer for some of them which are related with WidePSX, and eventually give a fixing schedule or temporary workarounds.

- Engines synchronization issues : solved. The fix will be available in the upcoming version 2.5.6 of WidePSX. It was due to an unwanted behavior of MSFS which forces the engines starters to remain indefinitely ON when and after loading the aircraft on a runway. It was disturbing the initial starter's status retrieving process of the WidePSX algorithm.

- VATSIM issues : solved under conditions. Some VATSIM users reported issues with the ground speed not correctly broadcasted over the VATSIM network. The reason is : when in flight, as everybody knows, the lift induces a wing flex of several feet at the wing tips. During the model's testings, the wing tip lights (NAV and Strobes) remained fixed for an unknown reason (the reason is in fact probably because it is a 2004 model converted in a 2020 simulator, and there are unfortunately some counterparts because it has been necessary to "hack" the lights process to get them working). This induces a visual issue when in flight, were you see the wing tip lights several feet under the wing. The workaround I found to help this model to be compatible with WidePSX was to force WidePSX to inject a "zero" TAS value to MSFS every time. This prevents the wing tips to elevate, and the loss of visual wing flex is far less penalizing than the visual aspect of the lights below the wing tips.

However, as I'm not a VATSIM user, I forgot to take the Ground Speed issue into consideration. I can give people using VATSIM with this model a solution, but as you understood, everything is a question of compromise here. I will modify the TrafficRadioXPNDR Tab of WidePSX by adding a checkbox "Send real GS to VATSIM client". This way WidePSX will allow every use case.

Regarding smurf_aviation's report :

Quote from: smurf_aviation on Mon,  2 Nov 2020 15:13

I made a complete check and didn't found any issue at the WidePSX side. MSFS' COM 1, COM2 and XPNDR and correctly updated when changing the PSX values. Be sure the "Allow PSX to set Scenery Generator and vPilot COM Radios Frequencies and XPNDR" checkbox is selected in the WidePSX's TrafficRadioXPNDR Tab, and of course that the Scenery Generator Bridge is started. But as you said, your vPilot client is correctly updated; it confirms that the problem lies after your vPilot client.

- Aircraft height above the ground (when the aircraft is on the ground) : not an issue. Some people are still using the MSFS default -8 with WidePSX. They noticed that the aircraft height above the ground was wrong since the last WidePSX update. This is normal because I changed the default value from 15.1 to 13.3, in order to fit this new model (I thought that the majority of users will use this model). However, it is of course always possible to use any aircraft model with WidePSX, and if you want to do so and see a height issue, please tick the "Set Height Ref." checkbox in the WidePSX's Scenery Generator Bridge Tab. The attached window will become "alive" and you will be able to set your desired height manually.

That's it. I hope this report will answer your questions.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe