News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

Iadbound

Macroflight -- This looks like a slightly more challenging exercise. The weekend project is to get PSX working with MSFS and P3D.  So I may ask some questions.

Takayoshi Sasano

Quote from: macroflight on Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:36...
Thanks a million, I definitely will follow this and report back!  :D

Cheers

Yoshi

B747-400

Thanks macroflight!  8)

I overflew the tutorial, two questions:

- You used the freighter. Does your tutorial work also when I use the PAX version?

- What happens if Gary autoupdates WASM model. Do we need to redo all steps?

Best regards
Hans

macroflight

Quote from: B747-400 on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:21- You used the freighter. Does your tutorial work also when I use the PAX version?
- What happens if Gary autoupdates WASM model. Do we need to redo all steps?

It should work for a PAX version, but you then need to download the PAX files from FAIB instead (and of course a texture file for a PAX aircraft). Feel free to contact me on Discord if you can't get it working.

As long as you don't install the liveries into Gary's PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM directory, autoupdate should not touch them (note: my example uses the directory PSX.NET.MSFS.LIVERIES).

Disclaimer: if Gary completely changes the structure of the PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM directory the liveries might break, but so far that has not happened.

Gary Oliver

My updates only touch the WASM module in the panel directory.  Everything else I leave alone.

B747-400

B747-400

Livery worked so far. Two more questions:

- Aircraft in hangar is still on its back partly submerged
- External view still in middle of plane, or soo close to fuselage that one cannot see all the plane.
  See screenshot below.

I thought that were fixed with one of the updates?

THX and cheers
Hans

Gary Oliver

Plane falling over and external view are still like that

1) Doesn't really matter - had a quick look couldn't fix - I have come to enjoy the comedy value now

2) Use drone cam but yes a few guys in the simfest discord are looking at how to fix

Cheers
G

B747-400

Hmm, I'll think about the comedy factor over a beer ... or two  ;)

Cheers
Hans

Takayoshi Sasano

Quote from: macroflight on Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:36I made a small tutorial for assembling a livery for PSX.NET.MSFS.WASM based on the FAIB model and a texture file from a repaint.
Thanks a lot for this tutorial, I successfully got some liveries from the FAIB and other sites implemented.
There are two questions/issues though:
1. The imported liveries appear "illuminated" during nighttimes, is there some special trick or conversion available to have them in a MSFS compatible format? Since the standard PSX.NET.WASM aircraft looks fine there seems to be a fix for that.

2. Is there a tutorial around the paintkits provided by FAIB available? The files are pretty well documented, the only thing I'm really struggling with is to get them up and running in MSFS.

Cheers

Yoshi

macroflight

Quote from: Takayoshi Sasano on Wed,  8 Mar 2023 12:471. The imported liveries appear "illuminated" during nighttimes, is there some special trick or conversion available to have them in a MSFS compatible format?

I have also noticed that. Often I get what looks like the logo light being on (and sometimes flickering a bit) and the forward fuselage being lit up, regardless of the PSX light switch positions.

Takayoshi Sasano

Quote from: macroflight on Wed,  8 Mar 2023 13:11I have also noticed that. Often I get what looks like the logo light being on (and sometimes flickering a bit) and the forward fuselage being lit up, regardless of the PSX light switch positions.

Ok, this looks completely different from what I see in my configuration (I'd be happy with that!). I'll have a look again and provide a screenshot if I can reproduce the issue.

Cheers

Yoshi

Takayoshi Sasano

Here we go - this is what it looks like:

Any ideas what I might have been missing?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Yoshi

Ton van Bochove

Twenty years ago I was painter in an AI group...and if recall well the shining has something to with the Alpha channel. You need DX10 or 11 to fix this
Ton

B747-400

Hi Yoshi,

in the .dds files are alpha channels. Perhaps they were lost while editing. I used Photoshop with an dds addin.

After editing and compiling the repaint-folder as per readme-file, the best way is to first delete the old repaint folder inside community folder. In my case, MSFS created a second folder with same name and an suffix at the end.

I had to delete this folder as well, to make my repaint become visible after MSFS restart.

Hope that helps ...

Cheers
Hans

Takayoshi Sasano

Ton, Hans,

thanks a lot for the hint. Both in combination led to more success, I finally could create a blank livery from the paintkit. Now I have to create some liveries for my hangar  ;D
Once I feel I somewhat understand what I'm doing I certainly will document the process in a tutorial.

Cheers

Yoshi

Takayoshi Sasano

Ok... whatever I did before - I didn't understand a single bit of it. Now I'm struggling getting back there and export a test livery which doesn't glow in the night.
These are the settings I used:

I'm using the paintkit provided by FAIB:
https://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/boeing/boeing-747-400/boeing-747-400-paint-kit/

Does anyone here have some experience with either the DDS issue mentioned before and/or with the paint kit?
I tried to find some hints how to properly configure the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop, unfortunately I didn't find anything helpful so far.

Any help/links are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Yoshi

B747-400

Yoshi,

I've never adjusted anything except installing an additional plugin into PhotoShop (PS) Plug-ins folder. The name of the plug in file is IntelTextureWorks.8bi.

Pls do not ask me where I have it from ... no idea ... too long ago.

I right click the dds file to "open with PS". While opening, PS tells me "This file contains transparency" and offers a check-box "Load Transparency as Alpha channel". I tick this box to load it with alpha channel. OK!

That's it. Then I add some text, logos, whatsoever with PS typical layers etc.

Finally, with "Save as" I save all in .dds format. Then I proceed as per readme file.

Just as info: I use an AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT!

Hope that helps. No more ideas here ...

Cheers
Hans

Iadbound

Odd behavior from Gary's Posky 747 in P3D.  Every time I load the plane, it loads at lat 0/long 0 in the middle of the ocean. 

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It means there is no connection from P3D to PSX. Coordinates 0,0.