News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

fsam

I'm using posky744_dlh1 with MSFS actual version within community folder, after first time selecting aircraft model in MSFS a second folder posky744dlh1_CVT_ was generated by MSFS automatically. Have no further modifications or addons except some Flightbeam airports installed and 747_8I_interior.xml modified as glubfreund posted below. In models.cfg QSX774V4_CF6-80 is noted, maybe a new posky installation solves the problem.
Best regards Ralf

glubbfreund

Hi,

just a quick hint:)

if you still use the posky models like me (see previous posts for the workaround) and you want to use the jetways, then replace the interactive_point at the bottom of the flight_model.cfg in SimObjects\AIRPLANES\posky744_xxxx with

interactive_point.0 = 0.4, -24.50, -7.904, 2.031, 0, 0, 0, -90, 0, 0, 0 ;

have fun :)

EDIT: you have to restart the whole sim, reloading with devtools isnt enough. Took me a lot of time to understand that fact :D

Captain_Crow

Hi Guys,
I started to connect MSFS, which I own since two weeks. Everything seems to work basically. But the FPS in MSFS are not acceptable. Stutters all over.
Watched the tutorials in youtube.
Quiet sure the setup is okay.
Are there any hints to improve this.
In normal use of MSFS I have no problems with the FPS´s.
Best
Steff

glubbfreund

Quote from: glubbfreund on Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:24
@metalmike: Yes, my solution seems to work.

Sorry, had no time to test my solution by myself. But it works for me. So If you just want the plane model and no cockpit, change the following config in Community\posky744_dlh1\SimObjects\AIRPLANES\posky744_dlh1\model.PAX_GE to:

[models]
normal=OSX744V4_CF6-80
;interior=747_8I_INTERIOR.xml

if you prefer to fly with cockpit (instruments not usable and rain effects enabled) change your 747_8I_INTERIOR.xml file in the posky model folder to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ModelInfo>
<LODS>
<!-- Highest LOD -->
<!-- minimum display size in % (should be bounding sphere vertical screen size, sphere will often be slightly larger than you expect) -->
<!-- default minSize is 0 -->
<LOD minSize="150" ModelFile="747_8I_INTERIOR_LOD00.gltf"/>
</LODS>
<Behaviors>
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Common.xml"/> <!-- ###################################### -->
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Airliner\AirlinerCommon.xml"/>
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Airliner\Boeing.xml"/>
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Airliner\FMC.xml"/>

</Behaviors>
</ModelInfo>

This will solve the fps issues. But please make a backup before changing the files.

read this post, please

Captain_Crow

Thanks for this hint !!
THe FPs problem is solved, but using Vpilot for MSFS I have no chance to get the PTT working.
All connections are established, but no PTT working. Setup is a button on the Stick...

Help please...
:-)
Best
Steff

cavaricooper

Steff-

It works beautifully.  Have you set the same PTT in PSX and on the vPilot Settings PTT assignment?  If you are running networked, that needs to be set on the vPilot HOST not Client.

HTH

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Captain_Crow

H C,

I will try this, meanwhile i switched back to XP and Xview.

Will report.
Steff

Captain_Crow

Try it out but no succes. Both PTT switches set to the same on the yoke. no network setup, both sims on one machine..
hmmm....
Steff

cavaricooper

Steff-

Do you have another switch (usually gear) that is constantly sending signal?  Make sure that the PTT selected is indeed your desired button. If you have to unplug other devices momentarily, do.

Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Dennis B

Hello everybody, I apologize in advance as I am pretty sure that somewhere here might be already written the solution. I'm just too lazy to sift through many pages :-)

I am experiencing problems with MSFS 2020 using the provided model.

I tried to connect PSX with MSFS via WidePSX first, but after having trouble tried the Posky model stand-alone with the same symptoms as described below.

Regardless if on the ground or in-flight, the simulator lags every 2-5 seconds and is totally unresponsive. Does anybody else encounter this problem? Is there a newer model / alternative to use?

I'd appreciate any input.

Best regards
Dennis

joergalv

Dennis,

Alternative: The default 747-8 works just fine.

A solution for the Posey model is described in this post: (btw. only 4 or 5 posts above in this thread  ;))

Sorry, had no time to test my solution by myself. But it works for me. So If you just want the plane model and no cockpit, change the following config in Community\posky744_dlh1\SimObjects\AIRPLANES\posky744_dlh1\model.PAX_GE to:

[models]
normal=OSX744V4_CF6-80

if you prefer to fly with cockpit (instruments not usable and rain effects enabled) change your 747_8I_INTERIOR.xml file in the posky model folder to:

<ModelInfo>
<LODS>
<!-- Highest LOD -->
<!-- minimum display size in % (should be bounding sphere vertical screen size, sphere will often be slightly larger than you expect) -->
</LODS>
<Behaviors>
<Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Common.xml"/> <!-- ###################################### -->

</Behaviors>
</ModelInfo>

This will solve the fps issues. But please make a backup before changing the files.

Regards,
Joerg

Dennis B

Thank you so much, Jörg :) Totally overlooked that post.

I tried to download any Posky 744 model from one of the provided links - to no avail; all links are dead. Unfortunately, I have deleted the files I once downloaded. Are they available anywhere?

Best regards
Dennis

Quote from: joergalv on Thu, 21 Oct 2021 18:38
Dennis,

Alternative: The default 747-8 works just fine.

A solution for the Posey model is described in this post: (btw. only 4 or 5 posts above in this thread  ;))

[models]
normal=OSX744V4_CF6-80

<ModelInfo>
<LODS>
<!-- Highest LOD -->
</LODS>
<Behaviors>

</Behaviors>
</ModelInfo>

Regards,
Joerg

Captain_Crow

Hi,
since I can´t switch the electrical power in the Poskies, I can not use Vpilot, the PTT will only work if the power is on in the MSFS airvraft.
Is there any solution ?
Second: Flying at Vatsim the altitude in flight is different between PSX and MSFS. Flying FL310 in PSX means FL315 in MSFS.
Is there a solution ?
Best
Steff

asboyd

A previous post indicated that if using MSFS then you have to start with the aircraft on the runway to start engines and electrics. Then you use WidePSX to move the aircraft to the PSX starting gate. You need to ensure your windscreen heaters are turned on in the POSKY 747 or turn off icing effects in MSFS otherwise your visuals will "freeze" over...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Captain_Crow

Thanks Alex,
I must have overseen this... Will try it out..
Next phenomen, now occured twice.:
Using WidePSX after about two hours the sim stopps to run.
Deleting the WidePSX (Java Platform SE binary 32 bit) via the Task manager, the sim runs again...without a restart.
Version 2.5.7 of WidePSX using.
Did I miss a newer version ?
Or any other help on this?
Thanks in advance.
Steff

asboyd

I have 2.5.7 and have not noticed a freeze... maybe it is windows 10 related. have you set WidePSX to run as administrator?

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Captain_Crow

So, updated Java, seems to work now for hours.
But, guys, what is this with the difference of altitude between PSX and  MSFS?
In preparation of Worldflight I want to setup a good system, so this point is a bit annoying..
Best
Steff

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Calculations don't miss feet of altitude, so it probably is one variable that is not set the same. Like, guessing here, MSFS has the baro not on STD but a few mbar off. MSFS reports the altitude to VATSIM.

Captain_Crow

Hi Jeroen,
thanks for jumping in here.
I tried to set the Baro in the MSFS bird (747-8, electrics on) to adjust the levels equal but ATC told me I am still to high...

So both Sims, XP11 and MSFS have there problems flying online.
XP : No GND Speed and randomly no Transponder Mode Charly transmitting.
MSFS: As mentioned before.
Best
Steff

joergalv

Hi Steffen,

there are discussions on the usual flightsimulation forums about the altitude issue when flying in virtual ATC networks with MSFS. All ATC Networks are affected, and there seems to be no solution at the moment.
For reference, here is some explanation from the vPilot developer: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vatsim-ivao-pilotedge-users-be-aware-of-an-important-bug/426142/363

Regards,
Joerg