News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

Toga

The set ups look great so I thought i'd share mine too! I use this for circuit practise:

The 3D clock actually works too so its perfect for timing from the abeam point.

cagarini

Wow TOGA, you're moving my lever to the TOGA position with these pics :-)

I must try that one day... Actually, I know of someone who might show it to me :-)

Hey Tércio ! Are you there man ? Well, and Alexis, but he lives a bit far from LPMT ...

funkyhut

Thank you Steve Hose for the images of your setup.
Here is a short test video of that setup.  A not so well flown circuit round Hong Kong.
https://youtu.be/t-6r4jFlSBw
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Well,
I don't have MFS2020 (yet) but did a test with Xplane, the layout is not as pretty as some of the pics shown here, but it is just to illustrate that there  is also a possibility  to run 2 instances of PSX , and thereby having access to the overhead panel
Ivo
https://youtu.be/7E5RpEbQClQ

https://youtu.be/ttOGu8goD-k
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Steve Hose

Hi all,

Thanks to funkyhut & Ivo for posting videos - some great inspiration there!

Here's one from me of a final approach into Dubai:

https://youtu.be/VsQGIAyzF4U

Enjoy!

Steve.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Steve,
Very nice layout you have there!
Like it a lot.
One question, if you turn, or there is a bit of turbulence, does the PSX layout shift place  as  opposed  to the 3D cockpit ?
Ivo

Steve Hose

Hi Ivo,

I've fixed the camera so it doesn't move around behind the PSX panel. I found the movement distracting so I found a way to define an instrument camera view as opposed to a pilot camera view.

To do this, you'll need to edit the cameras.cfg file found in the Posky folder. Here's my example below for the Atlas Air Posky model (gti1):

posky744_gti1\SimObjects\AIRPLANES\posky744_GTI1\

Open cameras.cfg with a text editor and find the values for the 'Instrument01' camera:

[CAMERADEFINITION.12]
Title ="Instruments01"

Change only these values (my camera view values are below but are designed for a 3440x1440 screen):

InitialZoom =0.222762

InitialXyz = 0.07, 0.869988, 5.157959

InitialPbh = -14.802624, 0, 0

Now, when you enter the aircraft in MSFS, use your hotkeys to go to your 'Instruments 01' view. It should now be fixed in place and won't move about relative to the PSX window.

Regards, Steve.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much for this  info,
i noticed  it in the video from Chris , it is indeed distracting.
Ivo

funkyhut

Thanks to Brian747 and Steve Hose for the layout and combination ideas.....
https://youtu.be/XuDdOCKIcN0
Chris Stanley.

Steve Hose

Hi Chris, great to see it's all working well for you.

Best regards, Steve.

brian747

Huge congratulations, Chris! A masterly combination of the best aircraft simulator with the best scenery generator — surely this is simming heaven.   

Many thanks for your efforts, and for sharing your intrepid researches with the community.       With thanks also to the two Steves for their contributions.

I also have to say that Kai Tak has never looked better!   

(Well, not in-sim, anyway).

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Will

Chris,

Great video! But why are you spending so much time left of the runway centerline?
Will /Chicago /USA

funkyhut

Hi Will,
I askthe same question! In real life I always had a left of center line problem.
Hopefully soon........
Take care and be safe.
Chris Stanley.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: funkyhut on Sun,  3 Jan 2021 07:09
I ask the same question! In real life I always had a left of center line problem.

You must have been captain. First officers tend to have a right of center line problem.

funkyhut

Hi Hoppie,
Always looking for the happy ending.....
https://youtu.be/Xl6EmOre8Pk
Take Care and Be Safe.
Chris Stanley.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I tried a layout based on the one from Steve Hose .
Thanks Steve for it!
I use a 55 " curved tv as main monitor,in 4K, and it sits 2 feet  from my face.
To be honest, a little bit to close when running in windowed mode but using the full screen, so reduced the screen size to  about 48"
The reason I say this is that the gain in FPS is huge, never thought of that.
You can see it in the clip, so might be useful for you.

i wanted to be able to use PSX and MFS on the same screen, without to loose the focus on the PSX window, and without the need for an xbox controller for views, and with the same yoke or joystick.
For me personally , I preferred to run 2 copies of PSX, to be able to   Position the MCP better, with 1 copy it is possible to use the screen dividers to do that, but it is my preference.
Made a little video, never mind the flying, it is horrible, but the concentration was on the views, ( poor excuse)
Because I use a Brunner CLS -E yoke there are only 10 buttons , and 2 of them needed for trimming., so could only use 8 of them, and there are 9 layouts, one short then.
Also, since the yoke uses his own software for elevator and aileron axis it is not recognised in MFS, there is however a virtual joystick driver to assign the buttons to.
i say this because if you want to try this, all the axis of your yoke or stick need to be disabled in MFS    Only the buttons can be used.
If there are any questions on how to set this up, let me know and I will write a little explanation
Ivo
https://youtu.be/fNRuLwciTOk

funkyhut

Hi Ivo,
Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Steve H has a post further up this page which will fix the relative shift between PSX and MSFS. I've implemented it and it makes a big difference to the immersion.
To avoid any conflicts between my controllers and MSFS, I use a dedicated Xbox controller only for MSFS and keep PSX in focus all the time. In MSFS I have "PSX" profiles for all my other peripherals so as to avoid conflicts. Worth noting that with PSX in focus, the keyboard strokes have no effect on MSFS.
How about a shared cockpit sometime?
Be safe.
Chris Stanley.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Mon,  4 Jan 2021 21:57
... I use a Brunner CLS -E yoke there are only 10 buttons , and 2 of them needed for trimming., so could only use 8 of them, and there are 9 layouts, one short then.

Hi Ivo,

in PSX, for layout switching, you can also assign just two USB buttons.
They cycle forward and backward through the 9 layouts.

|-|ardy

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Hardy, I know about the next and previous cycle, but the problem is in this case, the buttons work simultaneous in PSX and MFS, each push changes the view in MFS and the layout in PSX, however in MFS some views are a toggle, so the synchronisation between them changes, leaving me with PSX layouts in the wrong place.

On page 99 of the manual it says, "  When running multiple Precision Simulators on one computer, the USB on checkbox should be deselected on all Precision Simulators but one. Otherwise, every USB input will be multiplied through the network inside this computer and cause input errors."

Now I have for instance the MIP view on the main server layout, and the MCP on the client layout , because as stated  earlier this way I can  position it more to my liking.hence the 2 instances
If I disable the USB checkbox on the client, I loose the MCP.
Or is there an other way to do this ? With the client USB box off?
Ivo

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Chris,
Do you mean this?
Quote. CAMERADEFINITION.12]
Title ="Instruments01"

Change only these values (my camera view values are below but are designed for a 3440x1440 screen):

InitialZoom =0.222762

InitialXyz = 0.07, 0.869988, 5.157959

InitialPbh = -14.802624, 0, 0   

I used it , but see no difference, the PSX layout still remains level in a bank as opposed to the Posky model
Ivo