News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim is not working

Started by Aonang, Thu, 29 Oct 2020 03:12

Aonang

I posted this a week ago as a reply to another post in another topic but it attracted no response so I am hoping that with its own dedicated topic it will be seen and replied to.

I am having big problems getting PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim to work. I have been trying for almost three full days now and it is still not working.

I am operating on one computer running W7 64 bit Pro with P3Dv4.5 and have installed PSX.NET P3D4 on the same machine as directed by the installation manual.

I had something working very briefly at the start but the P3D aircraft appeared to have only the starboard main gear deployed whilst on the ground, all others were retracted. In the air only the left side gear would retract.

I have uninstalled PSX.NET numerous times and tried in vain to reinstalled it to my prefered "Program Files" folder but it appears that it is not possible to install anywhere other than the "Program Files (86)" folder irrespective of the choices that I have made. I wonder why I am given the option to choose when the installer will not allow me to.

I initially tried using my iFly aircraft in P3D and it took me a long time to realise that adjustments were being made to the aircraft config file. Once I realised this I decided to make a seperate folder in simobjects which I called iFly PSX and put just one aircraft texture folder and its single entry in the aircraft config file but that did not solve the problems.

I have also tried using a POSKYv4 aircraft but I get exactly the same results.

The Router box is suggesting that PSX is not connected to P3D but it did show a connection  on just one brief occassion. I have not been able to establish a connection since. I have tried switching Windows Firewall off but, again, to no avail. I have also listed the PSX.NET folder in the 'exclude files and locations' list in Microsoft Security Essentials.

I would like to cut and paste the router data and display it here but I am not able to copy it nor am I able to find a log file.

Is somebody able to help me with this? If so please use layman's terminology as a lot of the technical stuff that has been posted has gone over my head.

Thanks

Mike

garys

Page 15 of the external.sim thread that you first posted in has 2 downloads available from Gary and Mark. The first is a firewall utility and the 2nd is an aircraft specifically configured for use with External.sim

Also make sure you run PSX as a boost server with the correct addresses as per the manual.

Give these a try and see if it helps

Aonang

Thanks very much for your reply Garys.
I have done as you have suggested but to no avail I'm afraid. I notice however, that PSX does actually see the server and is connected to it. If I disconnect and re-run the router it connects again but the router box does not show a client.
I have taken a sreenshot of the router box display but I cannot see how to attach it or show it here.

ExternalSim XML
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <SettingsVersion>1</SettingsVersion>
  <RouterSubAddress>tcp://localhost:10760</RouterSubAddress>
  <FeedbackPubAddress>tcp://localhost:10761</FeedbackPubAddress>
  <DebugPubBind />
  <DebugLogToFile>false</DebugLogToFile>
</Settings>

Router XML
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <SettingsVersion>2</SettingsVersion>
  <PsxBoostIP>127.0.0.1</PsxBoostIP>
  <PsxServerIP>127.0.0.1</PsxServerIP>
  <PsxServerPort>10747</PsxServerPort>
  <RouterPubBind>tcp://*:10760</RouterPubBind>
  <FeedbackSubBind>tcp://*:10761</FeedbackSubBind>
  <MinWeightModelOffsetM>4.4</MinWeightModelOffsetM>
  <PrimaryP3DMachineName />
  <DisableRadioInjection>false</DisableRadioInjection>
  <DisableTransponderInjection>false</DisableTransponderInjection>
</Settings>

Aonang

Hardy Heinlin

The correct question is: "Does anybody know a solution?"

When nobody knows a solution, it's not ignorance towards your person; it just means nobody knows a solution.

How to upload forum images is described here:
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1744.0

Aonang

Aonang

Below is the Router Box display alongside copies of my simconnect file (in the P3Dv4 app data folder), the P3Dv4 xml file and Router config xml file.

Hopefully these will enable somebody to steer me in the right direction to solve this PITA problem.

Thanks (in advance)

Mike

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Aonang on Thu, 29 Oct 2020 03:12
... the P3D aircraft appeared to have only the starboard main gear deployed whilst on the ground, all others were retracted. In the air only the left side gear would retract.

Is this the problem you want to solve?

Does it affect the normal out-of-the-windshield view when using P3D as a PSX windshield?

I'm not an add-on expert; I'm just asking as a forum moderator that wants to highlight the essential part of the text.

|-|ardy

Aonang

Hi Hardy,
I am unable to get PSX to talk to P3Dv4 aircraft using the PSX.NET External Sim add-on. Part of that is that I will get P3Dv4 scenery.
The text that you highlight is part of what I thought might be a symptom but I now think that that problem is possibly another issue.
The main problem is the interactiohn between PSX and P3Dv4.

Regards

Mike

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Aonang on Mon,  9 Nov 2020 06:03
Part of that is that I will get P3Dv4 scenery.

"Get" means you get a plausible P3D windshield view from the PSX flightdeck? That is, when PSX is in Greenland, the view shows Greenland, and when PSX banks to the left, the view banks to the left?

Is that the case?

|-|ardy

Aonang

Precisely.
I can get the scenery no problem by configuring the size of the layouts and having the P3D view from the aircraft cockpit behind it. But PSX does not control the dummy (P3Dv4) aircraft which would make the scenery that I see real to the PSX aircraft.

Mike

joergalv

Mike,

you might want to check the following:

1. In the same directory where your SimConnect.xml resides, you should find an 'add-ons.cfg' file.
This needs to show an entry for the ExternalSim Add-On like the following.

[Package.xx]
Path=C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

If it's not there, just add the 4 lines with the relevant adjustments for your setup (i.e. package number xx and username)

2. In your SimConnect.xml, just before the last line </SimBase.Document> you could add:

<SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
    <Scope>local</Scope>
  </SimConnect.Comm>

I have no clue whether this is required, or makes a difference, but I have it in my SimConnect.xml - which definitely works - and it shouldn't harm.

Joerg

Aonang

Jeorg,

You're a genius, that has fixed it!

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I have a whole year to wait for the next World Flight now  :(.
Plenty of time for practice ;D

joergalv

glennstevens

I also made this suggested change to the  sim connect and config files.
I still cant get P3D to move with PSX.  The router sees the PSX server and boost server and sees the P3D machine as a client.  Looks just like Mike's picture.  But static view.
The router indicates 'feedback publish enabled: false'.  Is this an indication that the P3d machine isnt getting data back ?  perhaps a firewall issue?  I have permissioned or disabled firewalls everywhere I can find
Any thoughts?
Glenn

b744erf

Quote from: joergalv on Mon,  9 Nov 2020 07:35

2. In your SimConnect.xml, just before the last line </SimBase.Document> you could add:

<SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
    <Scope>local</Scope>
  </SimConnect.Comm>

Joerg

Hello

I have a same problem that Publish Enabled Failed. And i even can't find the SimConnect.xml. Is this file came with p3d or externalsim? Or should i install one other software?

Sorry for my stupid question. Thanks

Jack

asboyd

Simconnect is not automatically installed with P3D. Make sure you install the Simconnect that comes with the P3D version you are running.
You can use this video to install Simconnect... (half the video is using add ons which are not for PSX...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b82zV2V5dE

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

b744erf

Thank Alex. I will try it tonight. What a geart video very helpful!

Happy Mid Autumn Day