News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX - Layouts , Problerm to save

Started by Horst, Thu, 22 Oct 2020 06:30

Horst

Hallo,
When I change the Layout of the Screen (Take off/ Landing) I have the Problem to save it.

When I open the new Layout to  fly I get allways the old display.

Can I get an answer about the programming way?

greetings
Horst

Hardy Heinlin

Hallo Horst,

what do you mean by "When I open the new Layout"? Do you mean to say "When I restart PSX"?

When PSX starts, PSX loads that layout file whose file name is entered on Preferences > Basics in the edit field under "Start with layout". Usually, it contains the file name "-End of last session.9pack".

To enter a different file name, go to Layout > Load and single-click the desired file on the list. Then press CTRL+C, go back to Preferences > Basics, click the edit field where "-End of last session.9pack" is entered, delete the entry and press CTRL-V. Your desired layout file name should now appear in the edit field. Go to Preferences > Save and save these preferences by overwriting Default.pref (if you're using Default.pref for the PSX start).

Regards,

|-|ardy

It you use a Mac, press CMD+C and CMD+V instead of CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

asboyd

Horst, If you want to save a specific layout, go to the instructor window/layouts/save

In the bottom box create a name for your layout (eg Take off - landing.9pack) and click save, then confirm.

Follow Hardy's instructions and use the name you gave the file (eg Take off - Landing.9pack)... when you load PSX it will load with the file you saved, however be aware that you may need to configure the various options (eg Captain's side, FO's side, Overview, etc) otherwise these options will be based on the pack you used as the basis for your new layouts...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia