News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Whaaaaaat ??

Started by Shiv Mathur, Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:01

Shiv Mathur

Well, whaddya know ... we don't have to worry about  global warming anymore.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear

John Davis PC

As if the americans would interfere in another countries affairs ... what poppycock :)

Zinger

Not US business but a matter for the whole international community, but it is  left alone watchdogging. I feel little pride in EU role in guarding international peace, law and order. Europe will soon not only undergo  a  major demographic revolution, it will sooner be under the umbrella of Irani nukes. US operations in recent history- Lybia, Lebanon, Panama, Kosovo, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan, Afghanistan,  Yemen to mention a few.
Regards, Zinger

Will

But we do make the best chocolate chip cookies.
Will /Chicago /USA

Phil Bunch

Quote from: Will CronenwettBut we do make the best chocolate chip cookies.

Also, NOBODY has beats the US for "toxic waste" paper "investments".  Just think how the Chinese must feel, having traded all those cheap running shoes, etc, for this worthless paper...

Actually, I understand that most of the countries around the world bought these "investments", totaling about 60 trillion US dollars the last I heard, with no obvious way to unwind them. I can't help but wonder what's next in the world's economic agenda...we seem to be just trying to muddle through.  Not much in the economic textbooks to advise us.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

There's plenty in economic textbooks, it's just that many people mix up economics with earning money and doing business.

John Davis PC

QuoteActually, I understand that most of the countries around the world bought these "investments", totaling about 60 trillion US dollars the last I heard

Yeah ... we got sucked in after the sucess of Potatoes and Tobacco :)

Zinger

Quote from: Will CronenwettBut we do make the best chocolate chip cookies.
About cookies, a classmate's brother, lawyer, famous trombone artist and world-renown conductor, moved one day to US, started a cookie bakery selling "Grandma's Recipe", went public and quickly collected millions selling the business.
Regards, Zinger

Zinger

One main problem with the "science" of economics is that it tries to express  phoenomena mathematically. Since economics is dependent on mass communications and its impact on human behaviour, two subjects we can't yet model correctly (e.g. latest Iran protests), the degree of scientific dependence on economics is limited.
Wiith my masters studies background in economics and little common sense, I foresaw last summer world global economics going back to 1940's in terms of average individual prosperity, while I hear everyday BBC talk of imminent recovery. CNN's Todd Benjamin appears to share my assessment.
Regards, Zinger

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

The issue also is that "recovery" seems to be in terms of "yearly banker's bonuses returned to pre-2008 levels".

JM1053139

I remember reading a while back that the recession in the United States was going to end because employment hit its lowest point, and that this has always been a sign that a ressession will end.

What the person who came up with the theory failed to take into account is that just because it happened the last few times doesn't mean the same will be true this time around. Also, it was not true for the great depression, so if things start getting really bad, all bets are off.

QuoteAs if the americans would interfere in another countries affairs ... what poppycock

Isn't it tiring sometimes...
-Jon Monreal