News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FS2020: External Visuals for PSX - Current Known Info

Started by Gary Oliver, Sat, 22 Aug 2020 11:22

Hammerstan

What is the suggested solution for multi-PC scenery generator setups?  My testing indicates most likely a separate MSFS licence will be required for each PC. (While "just" a monetary issue, with DLC scenery, I suspect a reasonable additional investment over time).

I have suggested in MSFS forums a server/client license model could be a good compromise in time.

Gary Oliver

At the moment its going to be 3 x windows store accounts one for each PC, if you share accounts between PC's all the settings copy over and it becomes a right mess!

GodAtum

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 15:00
At the moment its going to be 3 x windows store accounts one for each PC, if you share accounts between PC's all the settings copy over and it becomes a right mess!

Unfortunately WidePSX doesn't support multi-pc configs. And I would watch out just in case you get flagged up for using multiple accounts with the same credit card. That happened to me with Steam!!

Hammerstan

Quote from: GodAtum on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:02
And I would watch out just in case you get flagged up for using multiple accounts with the same credit card.

I'm sure the good folk at MS will find a way to take our cash.  I have 5x 55"4K monitors, so I'll be customer #1

philmw

Quote from: Hammerstan on Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:12
Quote from: GodAtum on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:02
And I would watch out just in case you get flagged up for using multiple accounts with the same credit card.

I'm sure the good folk at MS will find a way to take our cash.  I have 5x 55"4K monitors, so I'll be customer #1

and probably #2, #3, #4 and #5.

jalexb88

Looks like the simconnect bug may be fixed in the latest MSFS patch. I havent tested yet but thought I would mention this if anyone wants to try it :)

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the part "patch update coming within 7 days"  ::)

cavaricooper

I am looking forward to the Simconnect issue patch more than most other items, as it will hopefully allow MSFS to be used as a visual platform for PSX.  It is many months away from being a true Flight Simulator, but for PSX all we need is an accurate visual platform- the 744 does the rest.

THAT is exciting as I am hoping that the performance issues seen with P3D will not re-surface in MSFS... fingers x'ed.  It would be splendid if someone could "write" a simple 747 perspective camera (correct cockpit height, angle etc.) with 744 EXTERNAL MODEL ONLY for MSFS - so that there would be even less dependency on the MSFS platform.  It could then be used strictly as a realistic whole Earth simulator for our purposes.  I am hoping that further Bing updates will bring even better data to the sim.

As ever- I remain obliged to those altruistic souls who strive for our collective benefit.

Ta- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JohnH

With the new patch to Fs2020 (v1.7.14.0) released today, which apparently fixes the Simconnect bug? Could someone please provide instructions on installing VisualPSX within FS2020. I downloaded VisualPSX and had a look at the install instructions, but really have no idea where the different files go with the different folder structure of FS2020.

Hopefully this is now possible?

Thanks John

GodAtum

Downloaded the patch and using WidePSX it's so amazing, I had a nerdgasm! Super smooth and can't wait to get a Nvidia 3090 and an 8K TV  ;D

Only issue is that WidePSX doesn't support multiple visual PCs.

JohnH

Would it be possible to detail how you did this please.

I am using 2 computers

PC1 is PSX
PC2 is either P3Dv5 or FS2020

Thanks John

GodAtum

Followed Gary's and Jean-philippe instructions.
Started MSFS and loaded the 747 into an airport.
Started WidePSX. Set settings for PSX server and PSX boost IPs. Set the SimConnect IP to MSFS PC. Then started the SceneryGen bridge.

JohnH

Thanks, are you running WidePSX on the PSX computer or the FS2020 computer? What is the Wide PSX port number?

edit: managed to get the 25 min trial version working with 2 PC setup,

John

thecrazedlog

Quote from: GodAtum on Wed,  2 Sep 2020 20:11
Downloaded the patch and using WidePSX it's so amazing, I had a nerdgasm! Super smooth and can't wait to get a Nvidia 3090 and an 8K TV  ;D

Only issue is that WidePSX doesn't support multiple visual PCs.

Ooo ooo oo I'd been holding off until FS2020 would work with PSX. We working now? To whom do I throw money at!

Kabbers

Hi, yep I can also report PSX working very smooth no stutters here with FS2020 via WidePSX now - wow looks good indeed! I could only check the basics so far, because I was using the WidePSX 25 minute trial for the first time. Set up took less than 5 minutes following instrux in this thread - single computer setup, multiple screens. Loading FS2020 itself each time takes considerably longer, of course, so I appreciate Whereamium as a contrasting option - Martin's lightweight and fast moving map solution which can be with you in seconds during a flight. The combo of PSX integrity and FS2020 visuals were instantly jaw-dropping today though, thank you, Kabbers.

kwieser76

Yelp it work great with WidePSX..

What i found it
- the MSFS AC must be powered up that gear, flaps and lights are working.

regards

kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

pilotngb

Hello,

After a few months away from PSX I'm back using it again. This will be my first time using WidePSX. Got it working first time. Very smooth performance so far on initial testing.

GodAtum

Great performance but unfortunately no taxi or landing lights show up in MSFS.

Britjet

I think the taxi and landing lights require you to have an external model present, which makes having a clean cockpit view difficult. Using the drone camera seems to be one way round this.
I have found that most lights work fine - no flashing strobes though, wing lights and logo OK,  and the beacon lights don't turn off until you select 'lower" in PSX.
Peter

JP59

Hi Peter,

You should be able to remove the panels while keeping the external model ? Isn't it possible with MSFS ? Didn't test ATM.

Best regards
Jean-philippe

Britjet

Hi Jean-philippe,
I've tried various things with the Interior so far but it seems to remove the exterior as well. I'm sure there is a way..
Hopefully someone will have better luck..
On another tack - I've got the freeway liveries now - but for some strange reason one side of the aircraft is a mirror image ie backwards logos etc. There is obviously a reason for this as all the liveries do it - but it's an odd one.
Peter