News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

visualPSX - RunwaysPsx.exe file version

Started by RogerH, Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:55

RogerH

Hi all,

I use my rather old, Windows 7, laptop for some development purposes and I have been trying to run PSX with a visuals suite.

The laptop is too low spec to run much in the way of FS but it will run FSX (Steam Edition).

Luckily, before Garry took down the website (no probs with that Garry if you're here - it _is_ very old stuff now) I had downloaded VisualPSX v5898.

Everything went fine with the installation until trying to run RunwaysPsx.exe. It runs fine, finds the relevant files in FSX_SE and produces a .vpx file.

When I run VisualPSX, it connects happily to FSX_SE but then hangs because it can't read the .vpx file.

The Version 6 of VisualPSX requires Runways_PSX_v61.vpx whereas the RunwaysPsx.exe in the Version 6 folder produces a Runways_PSX_v62.vpx file.

I tried just changing the name but that didn;t work. I treid the RunwaysPsx.exe in the Version 7 and Version 8 folders, but they definitely don't work with FSX.

I realise this is very old software, no longer supported, but am wondering if anyone has come across this issue, or indeed has a version of RunwaysPsx.ex which prodices a Runways_PSX_v61.vpx file?

Many thanks,

Roger.