News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX ATC Text V0.42

Started by flyer605, Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:51

JohnH

the networking works great! thanks very much!!

John

RogerH

Great stuff, thanks :-)

Ton van Bochove

I did today my first ATC voice controlled flight with this very nice add-on. Because of my hearing loss it was not possible until today, Thanks Flyer!
Ton

flyer605

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sun, 26 Jul 2020 11:25
I did today my first ATC voice controlled flight with this very nice add-on. Because of my hearing loss it was not possible until today, Thanks Flyer!

This really was so great to hear! It feels good to know that I've actually helped real people with a specific need that I hadn't even considered.

If you have any other feature requests then let me know and I'll try my best to make it happen  :)

Kabbers

Flyer, thanks SO much!
I cannot always make out the ATC directives accurately. But now I can train my ear in by seeing the text as well - wonderful, like other friends have said already... this opens up PSX ATC for me as well cheers!
Best wishes, K

flyer605

You're very welcome Kabbers - Great to hear you enjoy it!

Avi

Hi flyer605,

I used today your add-on. Very nice one but I do have one question (and request).
Do you hard code HF for the 2nd Enroute Center freq?

PSX does automatically generates a random HF freq for this but the user can change it (and I did) and while the VHF freq looked ok, the HF addition was odd.

You may want to add it by checking the range of the freq or simply remove it.

The request is to add another group to display the 3 radios active and standby freq.
For myself I use only one computer with 2 screens. One for PSX and the other for add-ons and other stuff. There is no place on the PSX frame to have the radio panel and since you need to change freq at high workload time, to see it in your program will be nice (I change freqs with the keyboard).

Thanks,

P.S. Hardy:
1) I think you need to move this thread to the Accessories folder since the Networkers doesn't fit (I had to use the "search" function to find it).
2) You should add an entry in the add-on page for this one.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Avi on Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:51
P.S. Hardy:
1) I think you need to move this thread to the Accessories folder since the Networkers doesn't fit (I had to use the "search" function to find it).
2) You should add an entry in the add-on page for this one.

Flyer605, what do you think about Avi's suggestions?

I haven't moved this thread off the Networkers subforum because this subforum is hidden to non-members. Maybe you intended to keep your first version in the member area?

Regards,

|-|ardy

flyer605

Hardy: I'm happy for you to move this anywhere you think would be best. As for the add-ons page, I'll leave that up to you. It's not the most polished software and probably never will be, but if it helps people, that's great!

Avi: Thank you for your kind words! I actually add the 'HF' text on myself in the code and I did that to match the Voice-ATC settings in the Instructor pages. I take your point though and have modified things accordingly.

I've added in your request for the RCP display and will hopefully release it fairly soon.

Cheers,

Flyer

flyer605

Avi

Thanks,

It's wonderful.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

JohnH

Thanks very much for the update. I just noticed perhaps a minor display glitch? When I select VHF L in PSX, PSX ATC Text shows VHF L and VHF R. If I select VHF R in PSX, ATC Texet shows VHF R and VHF R? Is this to be expected?

John

Avi

John,
It's ok.

PSX ATC text shows the content of the Left / Center / Right radio tuning panels.
If you select VHF R on the L radio panel, and it is also selected on the R radio tuning panel, you will see it twice in ATC Text (with an '*' as a remark) as you see it twice in PSX.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

JohnH

Ok thanks for the explanation, I am really enjoying this add-on! I have a hearing loss and it helps so much!

John

flyer605

Avi is exactly correct there (thank you Avi). The program simply reads which light (VHF L / VHF R / HF L / HF R etc.) is illuminated on the respective radio tuning panel (Qi92, Qi93, Qi94 for those that are interested). I think there is the potential for this to lead to display issues during non-normal operations such as electronic faults or RTP faults, but I think the main function of the program will still work (if anyone does see any strange indications then please send as much info as possible for me to investigate).

The offside tuning lights (represented by * in PSX ATC Text) are explained on page 167 of the manual.

Cheers John

flyer605

hrjrkr

Hi flyer,

Thank you for this wonderful program. This means so much to me because I am hard of hearing and this program helps me so much. You should post your Paypal id. I would like to donate something, even if it is a small amount, I would just like to help out.
Thanks again.
Joe

flyer605

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your very kind offer, but donations are not necessary! I'm just glad that I'm able to help and improve the experience for yourself and others.

All the best,

flyer

flyer605

V0.42 released (small bugfix)

flyer605

A Mac (OSX) version of PSX ATC Text is now available. See the first post for the link.

Please let me know if the cfg file reading doesn't work correctly, I'd be surprised if it does!