News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

"Normal" and "Boost" servers, and external scenery generators...

Started by cagarini, Sat, 9 May 2020 11:50

cagarini

Should both always be enabled when using P3D or XP with their respective "injector apps", or *only* the Boost server ?

I have always enabled both, but I think I saw mentioned somewhere, but couldn't find where when I searched here at the forums, that only "Boost" needs to be enabled ?

Avi

Since I don't use it I can't say the answer but just do a test.
Disconnect the Main (not Normal) server and see what happens.

If you can look at your aircraft in P3D and see gear and flight controls movement and lights, you do need the Main server.
Avi Adin
LLBG

cagarini

Quote from: Avi on Sat,  9 May 2020 13:27
Since I don't use it I can't say the answer but just do a test.
Disconnect the Main (not Normal) server and see what happens.

If you can look at your aircraft in P3D and see gear and flight controls movement and lights, you do need the Main server.

;-)  I would have to re-install XP11, but I was just willing to gather info for another user at another thread about XView and PSX ...

Never mind... and thx anyway !

Hardy Heinlin

The boost server sends aircraft motion data only. No gear data, no lights, no flight controls, no weather etc.

vnangli

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sat,  9 May 2020 14:47
The boost server sends aircraft motion data only. No gear data, no lights, no flight controls, no weather etc.

This is a valuable learning for me today....
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....

JP59

Hello,

I can only speak about WidePSX (PSX <-> FSX/P3D bridge). The boost server is necessary for all the aircraft motion data. It is a high frequency stream which feeds the scenery generator (through WidePSX) with aircraft position, attitude and velocities ONLY.

The main server is also used by WidePSX for all the other data in order to update FSX/P3D gear, flight controls, engines, lights, and many others.

So to answer your question, yes you need both boost and main servers data to be connected with WidePSX. I think the others "Bridges" on the market are working the same way. From what I know only the injection process at the scenery generator side changes.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

cagarini

Thank you all for your replies and contributions.

I hope this will also be of use to all others configuring external Visuals Generators through P3D / XP...