News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

I give in - I've got to ask...

Started by RogerH, Tue, 28 Apr 2020 09:31

cagarini

Well,

but I can't find in any of the layout the crucifixes, nor signs of any garlic coat?

When are you going to implement the flightbag Hardy? Is it in there?

Now, Roger, don't worry - your OP just shows how much much more inside of teh details of this simulation you are comapred to your's trully :-)

I am still striving to understand much much more basic stuff, liek how to porperly set the RCPs :-) and how to deal with those "DING" that sometimes happen along my route - it's someone trying to speak to me, I know, but whooooo? Where is she/him/it?

I feel so basic :-/

RogerH

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue, 28 Apr 2020 19:25
Wake-up time, I'm back, good morning.

For the next game be sure your computer audio output is stereo and that on Instructor > Preferences > Audio your "MAWEA speaker left" is assigned to the left checkbox while the right speaker is assigned to right checkbox.

Use any normal inflight situation.

On the overhead panel, pull the circuit breaker A3.

Now pull A1 and B1, then push A1 and B1. Donald's quacking should now sound on the right side only.

Push the circuit breaker A3 back in, and pull A4.

Pull A1 and B1, then push A1 and B1. He will now quack on the left side only.

The quacking is generated by the aural synthesizer cards in the MAWEA after each MAWEA power-up. It's a speaker test.

Chirp,

|-|ardy

Yep. Tried that - cool. I just love stereo - first experienced it when hearing Isaac Hayes' track 'Shaft'. I had no headphones at the time  but put the two speakers on the floor and lay with my head between them - oh that funky wah-wah stereo guitar...!

What next on my tour of the 747 circuit breakers?

Hardy Heinlin

I hope you're not thinking that I wanted to demo you how nice the invention of stereo is :-) We're in the year 2020!

I just wanted to explain what components these test tones test :-)

Apropos of Isaac Hayes -- if you like funky music, there's an instrument for you on the overhead panel: Hit the ELT switch toward the TEST/RESET side and you'll get a funky chirp. If you're a musician you can play with short and longer tones and keep all the tones in a musical rhythm. The longer you hold the switch, the more glisssando will occur. I would recommend a 3/4 boogie at the same tempo the ELT uses for its glissando loop.

But before you start your concert, you need to tune your VHF radio to 121.500, so that you can hear your ELT on the radio. -- Don't do this in real life; your concert will be broadcasted many miles in all directions ...

|-|

RogerH

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:42
Don't do this in real life; your concert will be broadcasted many miles in all directions ...

|-|

I can be fairly sure that if i were ever lucky enough to get the chance to be in the cockpit of a real 747, the last thing on my mind would be playing with the ELT :-)

Edit: Of course, I've been in a 747 cockpit made from real parts - thanks Simfest - and as far as I'm concerned, it's close enough :-)

James H

Greetings,

The YouTube algorithm suggested the video in the link below to me for reasons unknown ;D.

It contains a discrepancy from PSX: On selection of STANDBY POWER to AUTO the stick shaker self-test occurs as expected, but the MAWEA self-test only occurs after selection of APU GEN 1 to ON, unlike in PSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja21HBs0vh8

Best wishes,

James.

Hardy Heinlin

Greetings,

as far as I recall, the stick shaker test and the speaker test are powered by the same MAWEA power sources (standby power system). Maybe the self-test program in that video scenario just took a bit longer than on other aircraft, and the APU GEN 1 connection shortly before was just coincidence.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Britjet

So effectively two lots of duckting...

Hardy Heinlin

Or this aircraft has a special MAWEA wiring. Maybe they just have the stick shakers on the standby bus but not the aural warnings.

What airline was the original owner of this aircraft?

simonijs

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 26 Mar 2021 11:24
What airline was the original owner of this aircraft?
EVA Air Cargo (B-16482), from 2001-07-19   
Atlas (N486MC), from 2018-10-14.

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks, Simon.

Quote from: Britjet on Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:08
So effectively two lots of duckting...

Now I got the joke. It has taken 3 hours.

asboyd

Hey Hardy,
Do you have stake with your garlic.....  ???

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Hardy Heinlin

Depends on the blood type of the steakholder.