News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2020

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Wed, 19 Feb 2020 11:18

Hardy Heinlin

"2003" is really an ugly cycle number indeed. That's why I write "20-03" wherever I can.

From next year on we'll get nice numbers again.

By the way, the 2003 cycle is not used in the real world yet. It's Feb 22, we're still in cycle 2002. Perhaps ZBAD will close two runways in March.

asboyd

Just to add more confusion to it all :)

Cheers and thank you all for your replies, including Matthew on one of his few days off)...
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Hardy,

> Sorry, Markus, Navblue's runway database just got these four records (two runways) for ZBAD:

thanks for checking ... what a pity that two runways are missing from a major airport, did not expect that.

If I may use this opportunity to ask again ... (I know we originally closed this topic a long time ago, just about after initial PSX release) ... is it feasible to have some kind of mechanism for user-added runways (and potentially navaids)? I am well aware that this is not-so-much needed as in PS1 days, even less for commercial customers and professional training. This is because the majority of "missing" runways/airports are typically in China (Hundreds of "domestic" airports but interesting ones), Russia, India, plus a few rare cases of new airports or runways.
Anyway, I thought I'd ask again...

Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Markus,

it would require a lot of work and it has a very low priority. So I don't see any chance within the next years.

I'm sorry ...

Regards,

|-|ardy

nicolas

Hi, I updated the Nav Database 2020 today. Just to make sure that I have installed the correct version. On the Instructor page, About/Quit, it says "Navigation data by Navblue (cycle 2003)". Is that correct? Thanks.

Nicolas

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Nicolas,

yes, that's correct.

Cycle 1903:
19 03 = Year 2019 - Month 03 (March)

Cycle 2003:
20 03 = Year 2020 - Month 03 (March)

Cycle 2103:
21 03 = Year 2021 - Month 03 (March)

etc.

|-|ardy

nicolas

thanks! Good being back after many years of job related absence...Cheers, Nicolas

torrence

Glad it wasn't just me getting confused on the 2020 stuff!  Got it straightened out, I think.  Maybe this is our version of Y20K  :)
Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Skybird

Hi,

To my big surprise, I don't see the KJFK RNAV (GPS) Z Rwy 13L in the 20 database. Is this normal? Did I miss something?

Thanx

Steve.

Hardy Heinlin

The Navblue database cycle 2003 contains these RNAV Z aproaches:

04L
04R
31L
31R

I don't know the GPS 13L approach. If this requires special GPS hardware, it can only be used with the 74-8, not with the 744.

|-|ardy

Same in cycle 1903.

Britjet

We had such a thing on the BA 747's. I'm don't think it was specifically called a GPS procedure though.
Peter.

isaaclevi

Hi Hardy,

Just for information on KJFK jeppesen chart it is named "RNAV (GPS) Z Rwy 13L" of 15 NOV 19 page 22-3

Jeroen D

I am in the process of updating all of my PSX files. So I am running version 10.104, I have also updated all other additionally required files. I have updated Java, version 8. Everything is looking fine, BUT

I just ordered/downloaded the new nav Database and followed instructions. W When I check the navigation file i see the -old and the -new. Nothing in the -old. The -new holds the folder with the new data base. Any thoughts?

thanks
Jeroen

Pierre Theillere

Hi Jeroen,

You should just put the .zip file into the "New" folder, but without unzipping it! PSx does it by itself and moves things in their right place...
Pierre, LFPG

Jeroen D

Quote from: Pierre Theillere on Sun, 29 Mar 2020 09:18
Hi Jeroen,

You should just put the .zip file into the "New" folder, but without unzipping it! PSx does it by itself and moves things in their right place...

Thanks. I am moving it directly from my download folder into the new folder. But it is not working.
Jeroen

Martin Baker

Quote from: Jeroen D on Sun, 29 Mar 2020 10:10
Thanks. I am moving it directly from my download folder into the new folder. But it is not working.
Jeroen

Are you sure your downloader hasn't already unzipped the file?

Jeroen D

Quote from: Martin Baker on Sun, 29 Mar 2020 10:12
Quote from: Jeroen D on Sun, 29 Mar 2020 10:10
Jeroen

Are you sure your downloader hasn't already unzipped the file?

Yes, Safari does that apparently. Found how to switch that off and now all is well. So I have my PSX all up to date and the latest, greatest goodies installed. Time to go flying again. It has been a long time!

Thanks for the help

Jeroen

Gilad

Hi Hardy.

When is the next Nav database update please?

Thanks,
Gilad

Bastien

Quote from: Gilad - CAL Cargo on Thu, 11 Mar 2021 09:22
Hi Hardy.

When is the next Nav database update please?

Thanks,
Gilad

Hello,
There will not have further Navdata update, look at this topic for more information
https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=6267.0
Bastien