News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Simfest Dispatch and BACARS V7.0.8

Started by Gary Oliver, Mon, 3 Feb 2020 19:44

Captain_Crow

PSX BACARS-V5.0.8.msi ยท 3,57  MB,

this is what I see...

Best
Steff

asboyd

Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

G-CIVA

Hi Gary,

Been running PSX BACARS-V5.0.8 all is fine but when I edit PSX.Bacars.UI.exe.Config to use LB & then attempt to enter the fuel figure during flight init the numbers will not enter ... on Page 2/2 ACARS INIT/PRES FLT the actual fuel figure is correctly shown in LB but on page 1/2 I am unable to enter it as a LB QTY, I can however enter it as a KG QTY.

Cheers

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC

torrence

Hi Gary,

Really stupid question.  I haven't used Simfest Dispatch for awhile and was trying to get back into it to explore new stuff.  Dispatch seemed to work ok for getting flight schedules etc. but I hung up when trying to get flight plan etc. - my  Simbrief sign-on got messed up and couldn't get new password for some reason.  What's the easy way to get signed up again??

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

JohnH

Quote from: torrence on Fri, 24 Apr 2020 02:39
Hi Gary,

Really stupid question.  I haven't used Simfest Dispatch for awhile and was trying to get back into it to explore new stuff.  Dispatch seemed to work ok for getting flight schedules etc. but I hung up when trying to get flight plan etc. - my  Simbrief sign-on got messed up and couldn't get new password for some reason.  What's the easy way to get signed up again??

Cheers,
Torrence

Hi Torrence,

In the manual Gary mentions the following,,

b. Your email address you register here should be the same one you use on BACARS or
CLOUDCARS explained later in this document.

c. Your email address will not be added to any email lists.

d. If you really want you can use a fictional email address such as
gary.oliver@leavemealone.com if you would rather
end quote

So it looks like you can use an email of your creation as long as the same email in used in the Bacars email entry.

John

torrence

Thanks for info, John

I think my problem may stem from using my old installation with BACARS v4.0.5 and associated settings - I was using the same email in both Dispatch and BACARS but was still getting message that Simbrief already had that email used for some reason.  I'll try loading and setting up latest V5.0.8 and starting over.

Cheers
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

torrence

Have got BACARS v5.0.8 going successfully now - and Dispatch is producing OPF and other stuff successfully.  Thanks for RTFM reminder, John  :).  Still have one puzzle - after I start initializing ACARS (FLT INIT), enter flight number etc. everything looks ok:  DATA UPLINKED etc. through READY TO BOARD per BACARS dispatch guide.  However, I noticed on the BACARS status window that everything was Green except the ACARS button which was RED with ACARS FAILED message in spite of everything in the cockpit looking fine - proper route loaded, fueling going on etc. ?? Any idea of what's triggering that?

Cheers
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Gary Oliver

torrence

Got it, Gary.  Thanks - that cleared the red ACARS flag.

I saw the posts earlier but didn't connect the dots.  Thought my Hoppie code was still current. 

That's two RTFM's in two days for me now.  I must be losing it - the mind wanders, just hunkered down in my house due to COVID-19 with nothing to but play with my .......... PSX.

Cheers,
Torrence

Cheers
Torrence

mokeiko

Hi Gary,

I just got a new PC and I'm getting "ACARS FAILED" on the main screen (v5.0.8). Thanks for any help.

fly safe
Francisco Blas

jlpilot

Hi Gary,

Just tested out the BACARS and Simfest dispatch system and it's a fantastic piece of software! Can't believe how close we are to the real thing. Just one small request  ;D Any chance we can have the ACA (Air Canada) OFP format included in airline options?

Regards,

Jermaine.

Gary Oliver

Jermain,

Your wish is my command.  ACA is now added as an option.

https://prnt.sc/uik464

However AWS appear to have an outage preventing me from pushing the update to the live version, so the logo will be missing.  I will try again in the morning.

Cheers
Gary

jlpilot

Wow that's brilliant! Thanks very much Gary!  8)

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:57
Jermain,

Your wish is my command.  ACA is now added as an option.

https://prnt.sc/uik464

However AWS appear to have an outage preventing me from pushing the update to the live version, so the logo will be missing.  I will try again in the morning.

Cheers
Gary
Regards,

Jermaine.

jlpilot

Hi Gary.

I am able to generate flight plans with the ACA option now but the OFP format isn't correct. Is there a switch or something I need to flick?  ;D lol

https://prntscr.com/ujhqqr [Correct format]

https://prntscr.com/ujhqqu [What I'm getting]

Thanks in advance
Regards,

Jermaine.

Gary Oliver

Jermaine,

Try it now... I have just updated the website with the latest code.

Cheers
Gary

jlpilot

Hi Gary,

Just tried again but the same thing is happening with the wrong format (not seeing the logo either if that's somehow linked). I did a webpage refresh but maybe it'll take a few hours. I'll try again later. Thanks for checking!

Regards,

Jermaine.

Gary Oliver

ahh!

I think you are still using the old dispatch website...  Try planning.simfest.co.uk (you will need to sign up again with the same email but all of your old data will appear in the new website)

Cheers
Gary

jlpilot

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Tue, 22 Sep 2020 10:06
ahh!

I think you are still using the old dispatch website...  Try planning.simfest.co.uk (you will need to sign up again with the same email but all of your old data will appear in the new website)

Cheers
Gary

That's awesome Gary, thanks very much. All working fine!  8)
Regards,

Jermaine.

Gary Oliver

All,

Version 5.10 is available with the following fixes.

See the following post for information on the Landing Data stuff: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=6061.0

V5.1.0
======
-Compatible with PSXInfo Landing Data
-Logs landing data to simfest dispatch/planning system for top gear leader board
-Removes PSXInfo score after 15 seconds from EICAS
-Landing Pilot is defaulted to Captain incase crew forget to fill in
-Landing Pilot now in the correct column on CDU

V5.0.9
======
-Updated for SimSwitch NAME function
-Updated to fix Typo in DEFECT REP that shows up when using real CDU via ARINC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nem2hdg04quld8a/PSX%20BACARS-V5.1.0.msi?dl=0