News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Simfest Dispatch and BACARS V7.0.8

Started by Gary Oliver, Mon, 3 Feb 2020 19:44

Gary Oliver

Link corrected with 7.0.6 which works with German VATSIM controllers for PDC too.

cavaricooper

Gary-

Any chance of having a Cargolux (CLX) option (kgs) please? Now that I have discovered the delights of PSX.NET I am eager to get back into the Windows support ecosystem.

Thanks for considering!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

macroflight

I can't download any weather through BACARS right now. Could it have been hit by the same NOAA changes as discussed in https://aerowinx.com/board/index.php/topic,7261.0.html?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Hoppie's ACARS still works retrieving METARs by ICAO code.
I will check whether the feed for this is also going to be deprecated.

Gary Oliver

Yep spotted last night.

I'll do a fix this evening

Gary Oliver

New Update available...

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ak0tcu2d8ubf0o684ssi1/PSX-BACARS-7.0.8.msi?rlkey=jmaqi2jsipnbnjwkto7fd3lnk&dl=1

V7.0.8
======
-Updated to work with new NOAA weather URLs
-Cosmetic fixes on weather print outs.
-OOOI Times including touchdown report reliability improved by a small rewrite
-CARD assumed temperatures have been fine tuned a bit more

andrej

Andrej

QuadFan

Hi Gary, I am giving BACARS a try. I created an account on the old site, but can't log on to the new one. Is that still the right order of things? Or should I create an account on the new site?

Thanks!
Seb

Gary Oliver

Hi,

You need to create an account on both, sorry never got round to making it more user friendly as it's a one time task.

Cheers
G

QuadFan

Check, will do! Thank you for the quick reply!

Could you post the link to the manual? The one on the site seems to be broken - maybe it's an option to include it in the installer too?

Seb

QuadFan

From videos on YouTube I understand that I should be able to select BACARS in the CDU after pressing the MENU key in the ACARS menu. Unfortunately I can't select BACARS, even though it is connected to PSX. What am I overlooking? Suggestions welcome :D
Seb

Gary Oliver

In newer versions the ACARS menu is now the BACARS menu.

QuadFan

Just to make sure, it should be in the center CDU after pressing MENU, correct?

Edit: I think I got it working, now onto figuring out how to put it all together. At the moment I can't even pull up an ATIS report for EHAM :D
Seb

QuadFan

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Thu, 19 Oct 2023 10:13Hoppie's ACARS still works retrieving METARs by ICAO code.
I will check whether the feed for this is also going to be deprecated.
Sorry for the n00b question, how does one get a METAR for a specific ICAO code?
I tried with ATIS requests, but all get is that the info isn't available, with a date in 2014. User error, no doubt.
Seb

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Silly enough I don't know exactly what client software you use so I don't know what button to push... but typically you look for weather or WXR in somebodies interface.

QuadFan

Sorry about the assumption - I'm using BACARS in PSX.
Seb

macroflight

Quote from: QuadFan on Mon,  6 Nov 2023 11:06Sorry about the assumption - I'm using BACARS in PSX.

To get METAR when using BACARS:
- Use centre CDU
- MENU > ACARS > WX/AIS
- Enter the ICAO identifier (e.g EGLL) in the scratchpad
- Press the button next to IDENT
- Press MET (so <SEL> is shown)
- Press SEND

The METAR should after a few seconds be printed on the PSX printer (which needs to be enabled, Preferences > Screen > Papers from printer as desktop frames)

You can also find the METAR in the centre CDU: MENU > ACARS > MESSAGES > STORED UPLINKS

QuadFan

Thanks macroflight, my center CDU was stuck in "<ACARS <ACT>", upon pressing the LSK it would immediately return to that option. I restarted BACARS and now all the option you describe are there.

Now I want a small POS printer in my flightdeck  ;D
Seb