News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

NG FMC and More

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Mon, 3 Feb 2020 01:16

isaaclevi

Good job ,thanks a lot Hardy

samer747

Hardy,
Thanks for the great work you're doing and the realistic system simulations, I'm an old owner of PS 1.3 but I have been away from Aerowinx for years and I'm totally out of date on all of the updates, addons, and simulator pipelines, Please forgive me if I will be asking questions probably been asked multiple times before, I'm trying to get back up to date.

I'm working on building a full size cockpit using mostly actual aircraft parts and interfacing everything to PSX. My first question; Is there an update to purchase to update PS 1.3 to PSX? If not does the new purchase of PSX will include the latest NG features or that will be an additional purchase?

I want to thank you guys in advance for helping me getting up to date on PSX and for helping interfacing hardware and addon softwares, and for sure I'm gonna need help on some code writing from the experts, this is gonna be a new and difficult project for me.

Regards,
Sam

Hardy Heinlin

Sam,

welcome back.

PSX is not an update to PS1.3. PSX is a completely new universe rewritten from scratch in the years 2008 through 2014. All PSX service updates after 2014 are free of charge. PSX is available on DVD and can be purchased from these retailers: http://aerowinx.com/html/retailers.html

The last PSX DVD edition was produced in 2017 and doesn't include the NG FMC upgrade. The NG FMC upgrade remains a separate product.

Thank you.

Regards,

|-|ardy

samer747

Great Hardy,

Thanks for your fast reply, I'm gonna purchase it from FlightDeckSolutions.com and will go from there.

Velj

Hi Hardy,

I read the previous post from someone who upgraded via the Aerosoft  site and couldn't upload it via Windows. I had, and still have the same problem. It downloaded directly into the 'extra' file once the sim had re-started and created it but it does not show on the sim as license installed. It is definitely the correct file and hasn't been unzipped. All instructions followed precisely.
Have you had any similar queries or do you know any possible solution ?

Thanks

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

when the file is copied to Aerowinx/Extra while PSX is running, you need to restart PSX. PSX detects the license during sim start only.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Velj

Thanks Hardy,
I'm sure I did that but will re-do.

Thanks

Velj

Thanks Hardy !

That worked - oversight on my part.

Looks amazing - really appreciate all of your devotion to this.

nimsu87

I purchased PSX 3 weeks ago; I will be buying this update next payday; I work in retail. I have no hesitation spending this money. My Grandmother first bought me PS1.3 age 12; a time when I used to have flying lessons in Cessna 150s; unfortunately my eyesight was too poor for ATPL training and life gave me other options; thanks for all your hard work in creating the new version Hardy; wish there was still a ring bound manual like the original that I lost years ago! In short I just want to convey that as a new but old PS1/X user, you havent got to justify your reasons for charging for an updated CDU/FMS system to me. In my opinion the price you charge is a fraction of what many other sim makers/addon makers would charge if they had the capability and dedicated userbase we have to create such a brilliant 744 platform ;)
I got my first copy of PS1@13. I am 35 and own PSX. I don't think I will ever fully grasp the intricacies and engineering of this manmade structure It transcends a 'machine/vehicle'.I think if AI were to become sentient it would have happened already by now (pick your favourite post 1980s airliner)

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you.

Welcome back :-)

|-|ardy

PilotUnaware - BAW17H

|-|ardy,

Just wondered if you thought about the posibility of selling these updates to JustFlight for UK customers?

Just a thought :)

C
PilotUnaware - BAW17H
https://www.twitch.tv/pilotunaware

Hardy Heinlin

I'm sorry, the updates won't be sold by other retailers.

All retailers on my list sell to international customers anyway.

Regards,

|-|ardy

nghtflght

Hi,
The NG FMC looks really great, nice work.  I have PSX on my laptop and desktop, if I buy this can I use my license to upgrade both versions?  Thanks.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi, if both aren't used by two different persons at the same time, then yes.

Thanks,

|-|ardy

nghtflght

18hazelwood

Thank you Hardy for all your hard work and updates over the years. I have Just purchased the NG FMC and looking forward to learning how to use it.

I have been a simmer since back in the 90`s, Aerowinx is by far the most complex and enjoyable simulation to date. I am testing and playing around with MSFS as my new scenery generator and I am close to having the perfect combination in which I strive for.

A true to life 747 simulation and the eye candy to compliment it.

You are a remarkable man who has given us hobbyists many hours of enjoyment and I am delighted to support your project.

Many thanks
18Hazelwood.

funkyhut

I think it's only now, after struggling and giving up on PS1 and 1.3 and then buying PSX and really struggling with it too, and dumping it, that I've come to appreciate what an amazing piece of work this really is. And the more so knowing that it's like this because of you Hardy and an incredible community here on your forum. Thank you and everyone. Better late than never.
I'm back with PSX after seeing 18hazelwoods's work in bringing PSX and MSFS2020 together with WidePSX from J-P. And at last, after using the PMDG 747-400 and 747-8, I've reached the point where I'm starting to understand PSX and enjoy it. I echo 18hazelwood in his sentiment that we now have the very best 747-400 available for a PC and it can be married to the very best and realistic, of out-of-the-window views from MSFS 2020.
And I have to mention 3 other people to whom I want to add my thanks. Britjet, emrydc8 and Captain Al for the training videos. I've had BACARS downloaded and installed without a clue as to what it was but wow, now I've figured that out too so thanks to Garry, Jeron and Simfest for that.
I too just bought the NG FMC and more and am looking forward to adding it to the mix.
Thank you Hardy.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

pacwest18

Wanted to echo the sentiments here and also say thank you, Hardy! As always, an amazing piece of software that I take pride in supporting even if I don't get as much time to explore it as I would like.

United744

A bit late to the party, but I've finally got it! Thank you Hardy for the update!

DavidP

Quote from: United744 on Mon,  1 Mar 2021 07:03
A bit late to the party, but I've finally got it! Thank you Hardy for the update!

Me too - just got it today. Glad to enhance this fine piece of software but more importantly supporting Hardy's efforts. Thanks Hardy!