News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

NG FMC and More

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Mon, 3 Feb 2020 01:16

vito

Thanks for great addition to already complex simulation. Really love weather corridor, sigmets (this is brilliant). Ng Fmc alone is simulation per se :-)  Great work !

Best regards

Vito

Deki

Thanks Hardy! Loving the new feature set.

chaser

Thank you for the great addition to an already awesome product and
thank you very much for your hard work Hardy!

Holger Wende

Hi Hardy,

Thank you so much again for your hard work to enable all of us to enjoy our aviation hobby.

And I am now really curious and excited about the next MTW or EMBDTS encounter. Last year I had a simulated flight along the Andes from Ushuaia to Mexico (with some stops in between) but the air was so "boring" calm although there were MTW SIGMETS along the way  :(

And I will definitely look into the deviation feature - hoping some expert can shed some light on how to prepare and fly Diversions properly, please :D  Britjet or Jon?

I also hope you can enjoy some vacation really soon to relax and recharge your batteries.

Best regards, Holger

falconeye

Hello Hardy,

I just bought  the NG FMC from  Aerosoft Germany. Copied the file as it was in the Extras Folder(no unzipping done)
an started PSX (10.96). But unfortunately nothing happens. Showing no extra licences installed
and so of course no NG FMC available. Running the sim under Win 10 Pro.
Please help what I can do. Reset of the Computer also didn`t help.

Cheers

Hardy Heinlin

Hello falconeye,

the subfolder is called "Extra", not "Extras". Did you create this subfolder manually?

What file (exact file name) is in your "Extra" subfolder, and what is its file size?

Regards,

|-|ardy

falconeye

Sorry, yes the Name of the Folder  is "Extra". Not created by me.
Filename is "NextGenFmc"
Size is 284 kB.

I have PSX installed also on my MAC but normally don't use it because it is too slow. I have
now updated to the newest Version, copied the Licence file in the Folder and voila on the MAC it is
working! So it seems the Licence file is ok. Have no clue what could be the Problem on the Windows PC.

Hardy Heinlin

The complete file name is: NextGenFmc.license
The exact size is: 290.544 bytes (295 KB on disk)

Does your Windows computer set any file read protection on this file?

What's in your Aerowinx/Logs/errors.txt?

|-|ardy

falconeye

Now it works! Just downloaded the file again from the Aerosoft site. The size is 290.258 Bytes and not 290.544.
But it works. Thank you Hardy and Gute Nacht.

Hardy Heinlin

On the Mac it's 290.544 bytes. Maybe Windows uses a different byte unit.

|-|

Holger Wende

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sat,  8 Feb 2020 23:17
On the Mac it's 290.544 bytes. Maybe Windows uses a different byte unit.
|-|

On my Win10 I see file size 290.258 Bytes and that works well.
The disk storage size is 290.816 Bytes but I guess this may differ depending on block size or file system used.

Best regards, Holger

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Curious. File sizes between Mac/Unix and Windows are notoriously different for text files, due to the LF-only and CR+LF conventions. But in this case the Mac has the larger file. And binaries are binaries. ?!?!?

Captain_Crow

Hi guys,
I promise I am reading the manual twice a day :-), but there is one question left. May be I didnĀ“t found it in the manual.

Long haul Flight: Will the weather/wind set up using the corridor be updated during the flight or stays it static all the time ?

Best
Steff

Will

Remember that you can create the corridor text in one of two ways: by putting text into the corridor's text box, or by interrogating the PSX weather model.

When you manually cut-&-paste winds from your flight planning document into the corridor's text box (or when you otherwise write, edit, or submit text to that box), you are telling PSX what you want the winds to be at those points. That data will only be updated when you update them. In the case of realistic, real-world long-haul flight plans, those winds from the flight planning documents are forecast winds. There is no guarantee that the forecast winds will mimic the actual winds, but since these wind forecasts are only updated every 6 hours in the real world, it's usually not practical to ask the flight ops office for a new winds aloft forecast while enroute. By the time the new forecast would reach your aircraft, you're there, and you know what the winds are. :-)  Plus, they're forecast anyway, so the accuracy isn't expected to be 100%. So in the real world, you would get one set of forecast winds during the flight planning phase, and in PSX you'd cut-&-paste that wind forecast once into the corridor text box. Of course, if you get an updates forecast from your dispatch office, you could repeat the cut-&-paste into PSX. But PSX won't update the corridor automatically - you would have to do it.

Similarly, when you create the text corridor by interrogating the PSX weather model, that text will only be generated (and the corridor defined) when you ask PSX to create the corridor's text. In other words, the corridor is only created or updated when you ask it to be created or updated. However, in the second case, the corridor comes from the PSX world, and that weather within the corridor may change. The upper wind model is dynamic, in that the winds aloft are created from an interpolation between the METARs at the surface and the PSX jet stream model at the tropopause. In this case, as the METAR's change over time (and/or if you change the jet stream by dragging its indicator line), the winds aloft within PSX would change. So the winds over Dar es Salaam might be different at midnight than they were at noon. But the actual text corridor won't change until you interrogate the PSX world again, and ask for a new corridor text to be generated.

(Hardy will correct me if I'm wrong.)
Will /Chicago /USA

Captain_Crow

Hi Will,

thanks for the explanation. Understood now better...
Best
Steff

744kid

Thank you, Hardy. Downloaded and installed very easily. Now for many, many more hours of pleasure as I get my head around this upgrade. :)

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks again for the kind comments, gentlemen.

Steff, Will, you need not update the corridor. When the METARs change, the weather model gets the new METARs automatically. You need not tell it something that it already contains.

The wind at the lowest corridor altitude will be interpolated with the surface wind of the nearest METAR.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Mariano

Quick question regarding corridor.

I am using format B. If I only have winds for one flight level per waypoint and enter it in said format but omit all other levels, would PSX flag it as deficient and not allow corridor creation, or will it interpolate all other (format B) missing altitudes with the planet weather setting winds?

Put simply, can I only enter one altitude per waypoint? If so, can I enter each waypoint like this? (one flight level only and all others missing completely (with nothing below it)):

DINIM
300 270/020 -50

Thank you and best regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

No, you can't. This format is unknown.

Even if you need just one altitude, enter the same data in five different altitudes that are at least 100 feet apart and in ascending order:

DINIM
304 270/020 -50
303 270/020 -50
302 270/020 -50
301 270/020 -50
300 270/020 -50

|-|ardy

Mariano

Thanks, Hardy.

That will work :-)

Best regards,

Mariano