News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Throttledrawings

Started by sunlight, Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:49

sunlight

Hello,

Deu to my new cnc hobby i'm thinking to build a new tq for my sim. Now i'm using the fds tq but i want to make a new one with workng reverselock and a more realistic feeling. Now i first wont to make a drawing in 3d but i don't now if the tq of fds is realistic enough to measure. Is someone now some resource where i can find some info about the levers?

Kind regards Bas

jb747

You must be referring to the old plastic TQ that FDS produced in kit form.  I used them as well for several years and just upgraded to the new machined metal ones with interlocks.  I'm not a real 747 driver but have had the opportunity on occasions to fly the Level D 747's at UAL here in Denver and Peter's latest version is about a realistic as they can be.  Great feel as well.

Cheers,

Jon

farrokh747

Hi sunlight - usually airliners.net can give you a good idea about the look, but the new  fds ones come pretty close to the real thing in my OP - http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=644

If you want to make the rig with the clutch, at motor, etc, it's quite a bit of engineering.... I don't believe I've seen accurate drawings of a 744 TQ or lever assy. online, but I may be mistaken...

Sorry, I assume you're talking about the 744, right?

farrokh

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just asking to somebody who has the thing: are the "trim representations" suitable to be re-modeled into working trim indicators? Such as, by means of machining a slot in the indicator and installing a moving tape driven by a R/C servo? I've the software to do this, but all installations that are relevant currently lack either the space or the time to make this mod, so it is useful to know whether the FDS TQ could accept this mod.

Jeroen

farrokh747

rob747 has made a trim gauge: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/13577-LCD-amp-FS2Phidgets

post #5

the TQ has a slot for the trim elev gauges, you could insert your device here - (have I misunderstood what you meant?)

Maybe PCos can answer this better

fc

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Aha, nice thing, may be a good inspiration for Matt and John.

sunlight

Yes sorry, i'm talking about the 744. The one i want to make is also of alluminium. I was hoping someone has some drawings or something tho make a start with.  I was trying to draw over the old one on squared paper (dont now if it is the right name in English language) with 10mm squares so i can draw it in autocad on a grid but that's a lot of work.

Bas